Dillon Levenque

A Derail Thread

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Maybe it's kind of a New World / Old World thing?  🙄  "Well, I live in New Jersey, not the Old one."

Or, “New” will be like “Soon”.

15 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He died in the hospital last night during treatment. I had signed a DNR, so at least he’s not suffering any more.

I'm so sorry.  Our pets are truly family members, so losing them is hard.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He died in the hospital last night during treatment. I had signed a DNR, so at least he’s not suffering any more.

very sorry for your loss Love

Edited by kali Wylder
typo
  • Thanks 1

Tips for dealing with the current cold snap:

1) Huddle for warmth with friends. Experiment with varying levels of clothing while doing so, to test the effectiveness of body-to-body heat transfer.

2) Take a hot shower. If you are concerned about water and energy usage, shower with friends.

3) Perform vigorous exercise before bed. Elevating your heart rate will increase blood flow and raise your body temperature. You may find it more effective to perform these exercises with a friend.

(Written by me, years ago.)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

ONE RULE: It’s a Forum Rule but rest assured it’s an OP rule for this thread also. DO NOT even come close to responding to a topic that was a subject (other than a derail) under discussion in any thread that was later locked. I can’t stress that enough.

Notice the usual suspects didn't react lovingly to your post? Ha ha.. This forum is really, really bad for that. One would be lucky to get a response to the OP past 3 replies - then its off into lala land for some of these folks..

Whoops.. there I go responding to the OP again... I was supposed to derail...

Gotta break that habit and when in Rome...

Edited by entity0x
  • Confused 1

If I understood any of that I might try to comply.

Unless it was a direction in which case I would resist and probably do the opposite.

Rebellion is in my blood. It's got me through so far...... ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Tips for dealing with the current cold snap:

1) Huddle for warmth with friends. Experiment with varying levels of clothing while doing so, to test the effectiveness of body-to-body heat transfer.

2) Take a hot shower. If you are concerned about water and energy usage, shower with friends.

3) Perform vigorous exercise before bed. Elevating your heart rate will increase blood flow and raise your body temperature. You may find it more effective to perform these exercises with a friend.

(Written by me, years ago.)

Oh!..... so the naked guy I was dancing with yesterday was trying to stay warm ?

Huh? He didn't say...........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, Dillon Levenque said:

ONE RULE: It’s a Forum Rule but rest assured it’s an OP rule for this thread also. DO NOT even come close to responding to a topic that was a subject (other than a derail) under discussion in any thread that was later locked. I can’t stress that enough.

D’oh! Missed this. Well, sometimes we acknowledge here other threads with offhand comments such as, “well, that over there happened!”

4 hours ago, entity0x said:

Notice the usual suspects didn't react lovingly to your post? Ha ha.. This forum is really, really bad for that. One would be lucky to get a response to the OP past 3 replies - then its off into lala land for some of these folks..

Whoops.. there I go responding to the OP again... I was supposed to derail...

Gotta break that habit and when in Rome...

In this thread, if you respond to the OP, it’s a double-blind necro/not-necro post. As, who knew what the OP was? That was a long, long, time ago. Derail on, dude and/or lady.

I always thought the purpose of this thread was to put comments or thoughts that come to mind while reading another active thread, but which would derail the original active thread - so the derail goes here, instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still don't really get it!

Whoooosh!.....as it goes right over my head......

Hey kids!  I think tomorrow there's that thing that I always think is supposed to be in January...you know, that "Superbowl" thing?

Let's all go to a club in world and party instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This is sort of the grandfather of rap.

That sorta takes the edge off of a classic pre-rock tune.  🙁

36 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Can we change the subject?

Do I have to ask?

Is there a subject?  I mean, this is a derail thread.

image.png.b38f84957dca69711b934a2031c79d50.png

• Like 3

Y'see. Just when I'm thinking I'm getting it I realise I'm not........

Like the price of fish.