A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In a thread 

the OP says... 

We're going to use your avatar in different settings in Second Life and take in world pictures of you. Then we write affirmations on those pictures, we choose your favourite music. You know.. that music that sits on your mind all day and night? Yes! That kind of music.

I don't know why but this song came to mind.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

I don't know why but this song came to mind.

There used to be a guy in SL who would create catchy, personalized songs about your avatar for small donations. He worked in SL as a wandering minstrel, with a DJ turntable attached by straps. He would give you your “song” to use as a gesture.

• Like 2

Derail from SL Moving to the Cloud.

It's not a convertable, but this was my second car. Triumph TR6+

640px-1973.triumph.gt6.red.arp.jpg

Not this specific one but mine was exactly like it.  I got this car from my brother for peanuts.

My parents had 3 children.  I am the youngest, then my brother and the oldest is that other guy that lived with us.  ((yay family drama!))

Anyway, my brother is tall (and handsome, he is the only one that got our mother's green eyes I am was always jealous of that) and bought the used Triumph almost as a lark.  After a few months he bought a normal sedan and let me have this for (I believe) $250 in 1980.

The hood (or bonnet since it is a Brit car) pivots forward.  The whole front half of the body pivots, not just the top.  If they still exists, somewhere or another there are pictures of my 19 yo self with this car's hood up, sitting on the front tire and leaving back against the engine.

For the motorheads out there, it had one of the few 6 cylinder engines Triumph made at the with dual side draft carbs.  The engine would also bolt right in to a Spitfire.  It ran hot -- which is a nice way of saying it tended to over heat -- and I have been told the dual carbs are a royal pain to adjust correctly but that may have just been the people I took it to for tuneups were not used to it.  It was sexy and powerful and got me into a lot of trouble :)

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 7

How about a sweet Valentine poem?

Violets are purple
And Roses are red.
Let me just lay here
Alone in my bed.

The roses have wilted.
The violets are dead.
Now demons run circles
Around in my head.

"It's just depression.
Be happy," they said.
Life is a blessing
That fills you with dread.

I am not happy.
But I am not sad.
Chronic depression
Is a *****in' *****.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

How about a sweet Valentine poem?

Violets are purple
And Roses are red.
Let me just lay here
Alone in my bed.

The roses have wilted.
The violets are dead.
Now demons run circles
Around in my head.

"It's just depression.
Be happy," they said.
Life is a blessing
That fills you with dread.

I am not happy.
But I am not sad.
Chronic depression
Is a *****in' *****.

*Gives evurone a purple nerple*

On 2/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Tex Monday - I just have to point this out, in case you aren't following this particular thread

That's pretty amazing. I did see it before, but didn't realize until just now that it was the Five Word Game thread. 

Wow...we really don't make much sense in this, do we?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Here's an interesting mashup for ya

My favorite mashup band, Dred Zeppelin, plays LZ covers with a Reggae beat, the singer being an Elvis impersonator- so vocals are in the style of Elvis. This track is literally a mashup of “Black Dog” and “Hounddog”. I was tickled the other day to find that Alexa will play this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Puddles is great - worth watching

Yep.  The one I posted led me down the Puddles route, which then eventually brought me to Post Modern Jukebox, whom I haven't listened to in quite a while.  Lost quite a few hours last night on the youtube train.

When my husband started playing the first one, I was only half listening, so it took me half of the song to realize he was not actually singing the true Folson Prison Blues lyrics.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.