A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

they tend to pop in later - usually a few seconds, my pants took like a few minutes this morning xD

psst Derek -  I guess that stuff´s sposed to look like it... or it´s BBQ Sauce - so Love how´d it taste? Been eyeing that stuff for a while now with my food-curiosity

Wahhh! ? Derek thought I was a bird?! ??

It tastes good. To kill the original smell I had to boil it in salt and vinegar, then marinate in BBQ sauce overnight. I should have baked with less sauce. Didn’t “look like” pulled pork, that would have taken a bit more work. I should have gotten “canned in brine”, not “canned in syrup”.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I expect a full report of how the gadget works out and how the muffins taste.

Will do. Though if you've ever used Martha White Lemon Poppy muffin mix, you know nothing can wreck it. I stopped using the recommended half cup of milk years ago, replacing it with tap water. There was no detectable change in the muffins and I no longer have a gallon jug festering in the fridge, to be poured down the drain the next time I want to make a batch.

A packet makes six standard size muffins, but I like muffin tops so bought one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Premium-Nonstick-Muffin-12-Cavity/dp/B005NWTQ3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1517599545&sr=1-1&keywords=muffin+top+pan

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Will do. Though if you've ever used Martha White Lemon Poppy muffin mix, you know nothing can wreck it. I stopped using the recommended half cup of milk years ago, replacing it with tap water. There was no detectable change in the muffins and I no longer have a gallon jug festering in the fridge, to be poured down the drain the next time I want to make a batch.

A packet makes six standard size muffins, but I like muffin tops so bought one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Premium-Nonstick-Muffin-12-Cavity/dp/B005NWTQ3W/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1517599545&sr=1-1&keywords=muffin+top+pan

See my post where I suggested extra baking powder, and using a spoon to fill the machine (batter will be too thick). You have to oil the machine (use peanut or other high temp oil).

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are so many personal attacks going on in that thread, not to mention the OP has basically admitted to trolling us, why the heck has it not been shut down?

Geez.

‘Cuz butthurt lasts awhile after the spankin’ stops! I think the troll went away “before we could taunt them a second time.”

15 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Yes he is from Brazil.

That version of the song is by Juares de Mira, who is from Parana and lives in Rio (juaresdemira.blogspot.com).

Here's his version of "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen.

Do ALL Brazilian men sing like this??

I was thinking about this while out driving around earlier. It's kind of a Western Hemisphere collaboration; North and South America involved. A guy from Brazil covering a song by a guy from Canada. I love that about music: the musicians themselves almost always seem to ignore tribal/sectional/national alliances. It's just music to them.

'

• Like 2

On 2/1/2018 at 7:36 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

You live practically on the shore of one of a chain of lakes  that together contain over 20% of the fresh water on the face of the earth.

And you don't like fish?????

I do too, and neither do I!!! lol! Waves at Maddie across the lake!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.