A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:37 PM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

SL, a place where you can wear anything, a hat, a large cube, twenty tons, a house, a locomotive... anything! You have to love it.

I once wore a chair from the system inventory, people tried to sit on me but couldn't.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:45 AM, Clover Jinx said:

This happened recently to a poor newbie in one of my groups. She accidentally clicked the wrong thing and started wearing everything in her inventory.

that can happen to anyone.....and it continues even through reboots until it runs out of attachment points or inventory....(been there, done that)

(don't want the t-shirt)

58 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

that can happen to anyone.....and it continues even through reboots until it runs out of attachment points or inventory....(been there, done that)

(don't want the t-shirt)

That's why this page has been on the FS wiki for around 6/7 years.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/wearing_entire_inventory

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..quite a bit of Spam today. Maybe someone is testing the mods.

People beg for rules from others when they have none, mainly because they can't comprehend rules and are trying to understand rules that others have. Then they can more easily manipulate the rules in society.

Guess what a person is who has no rules?

** and this person is a regular forum member, btw, coming in as an alt.

Edited by Luna Bliss

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

People beg for rules from others when they have none, mainly because they can't comprehend rules and are trying to understand rules that others have. Then they can more easily manipulate the rules in society.

Guess what a person is who has no rules?

** and this person is a regular forum member, btw, coming in as an alt.

It must suck to be that bored that there is nothing at all, in the whole wide world that is better to do..hehehehe

50 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Is that why all the necrophilia happening?  And how could you know that it's an alt (not saying you are wrong but couldn't it be a witless newb?)?

Similar issues.  And various other patterns.   Always a chance I'm wrong though, but do love patterns, preferably good patterns:

patterns.gif

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Similar issues.  And various other patterns.   Always a chance I'm wrong though, but do love patterns, preferably good patterns:

patterns.gif

ohhhh pretty!

Edited by kali Wylder
eta agree about the likelyhood of an alt after re-reading
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Read some of the posts in those necroed threads. It becomes obvious.

yeah, you're right.  I couldn't tell from the early posters but when the necrophiliac began defending his/her flood of posts, then it became clear

• Like 1

about the use of gestures....

As a host I make my own gestures. The goal for me in making gestures has always been to make them seem as much like regular conversation as possible.  To me a good gesture blends in perfectly with the chat.  It's just a shorthand way of saying something that I find my self saying over and over again. I don't think anyone objects to a gesture that they can't even distinguish as a gesture. In a busy club, this kind of gesture is just a way to keep up with all the comings and goings. 

When people complain about spamming gestures, I always feel just a little bit self conscious and defensive. I am not a spammer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

As a host I make my own gestures. The goal for me in making gestures has always been to make them seem as much like regular conversation as possible.  To me a good gesture blends in perfectly with the chat.  It's just a shorthand way of saying something that I find my self saying over and over again. I don't think anyone objects to a gesture that they can't even distinguish as a gesture. In a busy club, this kind of gesture is just a way to keep up with all the comings and goings. 

When people complain about spamming gestures, I always feel just a little bit self conscious and defensive. I am not a spammer.

I am almost certain that people are not referring to your use of gestures or think that they are in any way an issue.  It is simply easier to refer to "Gestures" when really they mean "Pages of Incredibly Frequent and Annoying Spam Gestures". 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Instead of using gestures you may want to try Auto Replace. I don't know if the official viewer has this feature but Firestorm definitely does and it was exceptionally useful in the support group (and hosting) when having to repeat things multiple times per day.

https://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/autoreplace_settings

Edited by Selene Gregoire
eventually I will learn to spell exceptionally
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.