A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

Tips for dealing with the current cold snap:

1) Huddle for warmth with friends. Experiment with varying levels of clothing while doing so, to test the effectiveness of body-to-body heat transfer.

2) Take a hot shower. If you are concerned about water and energy usage, shower with friends.

3) Perform vigorous exercise before bed. Elevating your heart rate will increase blood flow and raise your body temperature. You may find it more effective to perform these exercises with a friend.

(Written by me, years ago.)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 10:26 PM, Dillon Levenque said:

ONE RULE: It’s a Forum Rule but rest assured it’s an OP rule for this thread also. DO NOT even come close to responding to a topic that was a subject (other than a derail) under discussion in any thread that was later locked. I can’t stress that enough.

Notice the usual suspects didn't react lovingly to your post? Ha ha.. This forum is really, really bad for that. One would be lucky to get a response to the OP past 3 replies - then its off into lala land for some of these folks..

Whoops.. there I go responding to the OP again... I was supposed to derail...

Gotta break that habit and when in Rome...

Edited by entity0x
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Tips for dealing with the current cold snap:

1) Huddle for warmth with friends. Experiment with varying levels of clothing while doing so, to test the effectiveness of body-to-body heat transfer.

2) Take a hot shower. If you are concerned about water and energy usage, shower with friends.

3) Perform vigorous exercise before bed. Elevating your heart rate will increase blood flow and raise your body temperature. You may find it more effective to perform these exercises with a friend.

(Written by me, years ago.)

Oh!..... so the naked guy I was dancing with yesterday was trying to stay warm ?

Huh? He didn't say...........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2018 at 1:26 AM, Dillon Levenque said:

ONE RULE: It’s a Forum Rule but rest assured it’s an OP rule for this thread also. DO NOT even come close to responding to a topic that was a subject (other than a derail) under discussion in any thread that was later locked. I can’t stress that enough.

D’oh! Missed this. Well, sometimes we acknowledge here other threads with offhand comments such as, “well, that over there happened!”

4 hours ago, entity0x said:

Notice the usual suspects didn't react lovingly to your post? Ha ha.. This forum is really, really bad for that. One would be lucky to get a response to the OP past 3 replies - then its off into lala land for some of these folks..

Whoops.. there I go responding to the OP again... I was supposed to derail...

Gotta break that habit and when in Rome...

In this thread, if you respond to the OP, it’s a double-blind necro/not-necro post. As, who knew what the OP was? That was a long, long, time ago. Derail on, dude and/or lady.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.