A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

You've gotta take a break from YouTube, Selene.

I rarely ever go to youtube, much less spend more than 10 minutes watching anything on it. Someone else told me about the video. 

Why would anyone do that to a llama... or a teddy bear for that matter. Yeah... I saw that one too. Just got home from buying more brain bleach.

• 2 weeks later...

So this thread then.....anybody can but in with any old rubbish????

Like, say um, the colour of wool?

I have a knitted hat in orange which I love...........

(No alcohol was taken before or during the making of this post).... ;)😳

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Wait, the wool was dyed orange, or the sheep was orange?

• Haha 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I just heard on “Wait, Wait..” that MENSA gatherings are increasingly hard drinking events. I was going to ask @Madelaine McMasters If that was true in your experience, then I saw this post. 

Although Mom, Dad and I qualified for MENSA, they refused when I wanted to join, and explained why. I think they were being a little too oppositional at the time, which is my specialty, but that's in the long past. I am still not a member and no longer have any interest in joining.

I didn't know about drinking and MENSA, so that's another reason not to join. I am a teetotaler, almost entirely due to seeing what alcohol does to people and those around them, including the drunk driver that killed by best friend, and sent me to the hospital three decades ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Though this is Dillon's forum thread, I know she won't brag about her feed thread...

1842682792_ScreenShot2019-01-11at9_41_09PM.png.854552034ba9bb5e0d0a38401f048ce5.pngd

That's 10,000 posts, a mix of conversation and shared music, spanning nearly seven years.

This is why I stick with SL.

Thanks, Dil!

Thanks for posting this, Maddy (you're right; I probably wouldn't have). It turns out we did even better than we'd known. We broke the Feed! That thread is locked and apparently is not unlockable. We can't add 'love' hearts to existing posts and we can't add new posts. We can't even cycle back through the archives with the "View all comments" option, or at least I can't.

We have boldly gone where no SLUM™ dweller* has gone before, and I for one am damned proud to have been a part of that.

*When what is now called The Feed by most of us was first released, it didn't really have a name. That was much discussed in the Forum, and @Charolotte Caxton suggested it could be called Second Life User Messaging™ or SLUM™ for short. Regrettably, that idea wasn't properly promoted by Linden Lab and thus we are left with the rather mundane sounding Feed.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just heard on “Wait, Wait..” that MENSA gatherings are increasingly hard drinking events. I was going to ask @Madelaine McMasters if that was true in your experience, then I saw this post. 

I think you have "animal party" confused with "party animal". Both apply, just in different ways. ;)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I've finally got back into a cross stitch project that I rage quit a few months ago. I knew I'd get back into it eventually and now I'm on it. Don't know why this one has been driving me so mad. The cotton is a very inferior quality and keeps snarling and snapping. I've finished all the bits I started that require the crap cotton and have bought decent replacement for all the other colours now.

Plus I kept on and on and ON miscounting stitches and having to unpick and redo. But I think that was because I usually had Thor and Avengers films on in the background, and Chris Hemsworth is just too darn distracting. I've switched to Gremlins and it seems to be working much better.

Hopefully I should have it finished in a few weeks time and then I can give it to the couple for whom it's intended. I will be glad to see the back of the arsemongling POS.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:01 AM, Dillon Levenque said:

Thanks for posting this, Maddy (you're right; I probably wouldn't have). It turns out we did even better than we'd known. We broke the Feed! That thread is locked and apparently is not unlockable. We can't add 'love' hearts to existing posts and we can't add new posts. We can't even cycle back through the archives with the "View all comments" option, or at least I can't.

We have boldly gone where no SLUM™ dweller* has gone before, and I for one am damned proud to have been a part of that.

*When what is now called The Feed by most of us was first released, it didn't really have a name. That was much discussed in the Forum, and @Charolotte Caxton suggested it could be called Second Life User Messaging™ or SLUM™ for short. Regrettably, that idea wasn't properly promoted by Linden Lab and thus we are left with the rather mundane sounding Feed.

So that's why I can't reply any more!  I still have the feed bookmarked as Slum.

• Like 1

So anyway, I was reading a thread and I was inspired to quote one of my guides to behavior and then I realized the thread was locked and I thought "Aha!  I can post this on the derail thread. 

So anyway my guide is Thumper's father from the Bambi movie.  Thumper suffered from brutal honesty and an inability to stop blurting out whatever he thought. Thumper's father says, "If you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all". Learning to keep still when hurtful thoughts spring to mind has been my goal ever since hearing this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

So anyway, I was reading a thread and I was inspired to quote one of my guides to behavior and then I realized the thread was locked and I thought "Aha!  I can post this on the derail thread. 

So anyway my guide is Thumper's father from the Bambi movie.  Thumper suffered from brutal honesty and an inability to stop blurting out whatever he thought. Thumper's father says, "If you cant say something nice, don't say anything at all". Learning to keep still when hurtful thoughts spring to mind has been my goal ever since hearing this.

pssst... That was his mother, not his father. His father wasn't in the movie.  ;)

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 733 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.