A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Long long ago when I was young and stupid, I remember reading an advertisement in a kid's magazine selling some skate board parts I think.  The first sentence struck a cord with me.

"Hi everyone.  This is your hip cool friend Lars, famous skateboarder from Norway."

Famous?  I've never heard of him so how could he be famous.  We have never met, how could he be my friend? As far as I knew he was nothing but a lying sell out which is not hip or cool. By this point I start to wonder if he was really from Norway or if ever there was this skateboarder named Lars at all?

Then it hit me. Anyone who has to tell you that they are something, are not. It has proven to be a trusted rule for over 30 years after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Anyone who has to tell you that they are something, are not. It has proven to be a trusted rule for over 30 years after.

So wait.... you're not really a brat wrangler, then?  There goes the rest of my day.  😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Long long ago when I was young and stupid, I remember reading an advertisement in a kid's magazine selling some skate board parts I think.  The first sentence struck a cord with me.

"Hi everyone.  This is your hip cool friend Lars, famous skateboarder from Norway."

Famous?  I've never heard of him so how could he be famous.  We have never met, how could he be my friend? As far as I knew he was nothing but a lying sell out which is not hip or cool. By this point I start to wonder if he was really from Norway or if ever there was this skateboarder named Lars at all?

Then it hit me. Anyone who has to tell you that they are something, are not. It has proven to be a trusted rule for over 30 years after.

Hi everyone. This is your hip cool friend Belinda. Famous fashion icon from the UK. 🕵️♀️😏

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Today (Thursday 6th of December 2018) is "Put on your own Shoes Day"

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/put-on-your-own-shoes-day/

shoes.duckduckgo_com.jpg.66eec444c28afd00a8688065aa12f021.jpg

Do you mean for the last 364 days, someone else was supposed to be putting on my shoes for me? Oooh, somebody around here owes me, big time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.