A Derail Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I'm disappointed more people aren't worshiping me. I will post on odd Tuesdays how everyone needs to tell me I'm a pretty kitty while disagreeing with anyone who actually does so. Then I will write a philosophical thesis on the responses I incited because those people found following directions unfair.

(have I missed any forum memes?)

3F87045B-B9B6-4DC4-8816-CCE2C358F894.jpeg

https://www.thecut.com/2016/01/story-behind-david-bowies-unusual-eyes.html   Back in the Five Word Story Game there was a post about David Bowie having heterochromatic eyes, which HE DOES NOT HAVE!!!! His left eye is permanently dilated because of a punch to it in his teens by his best friend over a girl! I was so dying to correct it there, but managed to refrain, lol!  Remember, I'm not just a fan, I'm a GD DISCIPLE! lol!

image.png.f7e48c63684f49f3785bddb1011e32c9.png

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2018 at 7:54 PM, Aislin Ceawlin said:

https://www.thecut.com/2016/01/story-behind-david-bowies-unusual-eyes.html   Back in the Five Word Story Game there was a post about David Bowie having heterochromatic eyes, which HE DOES NOT HAVE!!!! His left eye is permanently dilated because of a punch to it in his teens by his best friend over a girl! I was so dying to correct it there, but managed to refrain, lol!  Remember, I'm not just a fan, I'm a GD DISCIPLE! lol!

image.png.f7e48c63684f49f3785bddb1011e32c9.png

Oddly, many drawings show different colors.

Way off topic ...

While look for some 20mm heat shrink tubing, I saw this as a Wikipedia entry.

"The 20 mm caliber "

Ugh.

Really?!  I mean like freaking really?  Is it 3 meter feet long?  How many gram ounces does it weigh?

No wonder wikipedia has such a questionable reputation.

OK ... bored Rhonda is bored.  I'll shut up now.  I know when it is time to stop talking.  You don't have to tell me twice.  I'm not the kind to blab on and on and on and on and on and on about nothing at all when there are other things doing stuff to things in some place where that thing is doing that deal without a weasel on a chain or anything.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Tell me a story.

How about ...

When I was younger, just out of High School, I learned that I had magic in me.  I was always a thin and frail child.  Anemic, was what the doctors called it.  I took iron supplements like candy.  I did not know just how much that iron was affecting me.

After High School I left home as soon as I could.  If you knew what my family was like you would know why.  Today they call it abuse but back then, it was just a strict upbringing.  Even tho I had no money and only a part time job I left home the night of graduation.  Needless to say I did not eat well and could not afford to buy iron supplements.  By the end of the week I was again tired and feeling drained from anemia.  I was exhausted, hungry, cold and alone trying to sleep in my car when the magic came.  It frightened me.  My hands suddenly burst into golden flames that warmed the interior of the car.  But the flames were not hot.  They exuded warmth but were not true flames.  That did not stop me from flailing around in panic though.  Even after the flames disappeared, I slapped and whirled around like a fish in ajar too panicked to even think of opening a door.

By the time I settled down somewhat, I heard someone knocking on the car window.  That was when I met Lewis.  He looked a few years older than I.  I had no way of knowing just how ancient he truly was.  Lewis had seen the magical glow in my car.  He admired that he had laughed until his ribs ached watching my fly around the car's interior.  It was not an instant friendship, don't get me wrong.  I was scared in a way that is hard to explain.  My world had been rewritten in an instant.  My heart pounded so hard I could see my blouse ripple from the impact.  My breath pulsed from my thrashing heart beat.  It took hours of coaxing by Lewis before I was calm enough to hear what he had to say.

I was am a daughter of the fay.

The fay of the stories were hunted to extinction centuries ago.  However, some of their blood lines live on.  It is more appropriate to say I am half-human.  It is a disastrous mix.  All because of iron.  Humans cannot process oxygen without it and fay cannot abide its touch.  My body is always in conflict with itself. 

Worse still is the magic.  It is not always controllable.  The more anemic I am the less control I have.  Sudden outburst have to very strong effects.  The first is the expulsion of iron from my blood.  It show in my feet and hands immediately.  I also become even more anemic as a result, often losing consciousnesses.  The second effect is the curse of the fay.  Pain.  Burning pain covers every square inch of my skin.  As you can guess, I do not perform magic on purpose unless I am in dire need. 

bleh.  I should fix that.  As it is, it is little more than a brain dump.
Well, I have 6 hours left to edit; if I get the time (and motivation) I'll do something with it.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.