Permssions Locked!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know how parts (mesh parts) created and brought Inworld FULL PERM  assembled into a vehicle and, once all assembled, lock out the creator and owner from changing permissions. When the creator lifted up a copy of the vehicle that copy and the remaining copy permissions boxes no longer were enabled??? Even though the parts were all FULL perm when assembled. After this the vehicle can not be Transferred. The Copy/Mod boxes are darkened and can NOT be changed. When the vehicle is edited it shows the creators name and owners name as person who brought parts Inworld. When the vehicle is UNLINKED every part shows the same. Yet the CREATOR can NOT change the permissions!!! Anyone have any ideas on what and or how the fix this situation? Thanks

I am sorry forgot to include which boxes were checked. Once a copy was made both the original and copy vehicle when edited showed Modify box checked,Copy box checked and Transfer box unchecked. All of these boxes were grayed out. The creator could Edit the part(s) and even Modify the part(s) but could not Transfer NOR change the permissions boxes even though when part(s) are clicked on and edit box opened the persons is named as creator and Owner.

Have tried all things to restore the permissions listed so far. Nothing has worked. As to why an item(s) created from parts by the creator and owner should lock out permissions to change is something have never experienced. Like I wrote somehow the parts as a whole (linked) or unlinked every part though showing creator and owners name on part could not be changed as to permissions. They remain darkened out with Modify/Copy checked and No transfer unchecked. The only solution so far is to bring in all new parts and reassemble them with full permissions set. As I stated before even though all the parts show correct names somehow the UUID key of the parts must have changed though I am not sure how names can show in Edit box and the key be different. I do not know how Linden sets this up. Maybe one day will find and answer but I can say it is quite frustrating to have a part(s) that one creates and owns yet not able to change permissions.

54 minutes ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

Re-importing worked fine. Checked the debug permissions not sure what is meant.

Basiclly it's a more reliable and detailed overview of the permission settings than what you normally see.

For a start it would show if the permissions really was messed up in the assets database or if it was just a temporary problem as Richardus suggested. It's something that should be the very first quick check of course, not the last thing you tried. Sorry I didn't pay attention to this thread earlier.

But it wouldn't have helped in this case anyway. If the Owner settings shows up as VCM and the item has never ever changed ownership, the only possible explanation is that the assets server had had a hickup and messed up the data. The owner permissions will always be VCMT for a newly uploaded asset and it can only be changed by transferring it to somebody else.

So the data for the mesh was corrupted and the only fix was to reupload.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

Thanks for follow up Chin. I think you maybe right about "hiccup" from data server. Though not sure how servers do that :D The item never ever ever changed ownership. And yes the advanced permissions were showing VCM not VCMT for owner and should have from what I know. Have to guess the data got corrupted somehow. It's all fixed now re-imported all the parts and everything is working it's just the hassle of having to do. Guessing there is no way for LL to reset permissions maybe would need God mode for that..xD Thanks all for your input there's always a first time for everything in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.