You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for an active community of believers who spend time together. I'm interested in bible study and activities. There are a few listed in the search results, but many places are empty.

Can anyone lead me to an active group of believers?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Aimy.  I am familiar with the First United Church of Christ - Christian Community, which I attend when the scheduling works out for me.  If you think that denomination (UCC) would be a fit for you, you might want to check them out.  While there are not people present on their sims all the time, they are an active and friendly community.  They currently have a bible study several mornings a week, a book study one afternoon a week,  3 worship services a week, and a psalter/prayer service every day, as well as some other activities.  If you click on the map at their landing point, there are options for NC's for their schedule, beliefs, faith, website and other information about them.   You should be able to find them by searching for "Christian Community" or for "worship".   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

Hi Aimy.  I am familiar with the First United Church of Christ - Christian Community, which I attend when the scheduling works out for me.  If you think that denomination (UCC) would be a fit for you, you might want to check them out.  While there are not people present on their sims all the time, they are an active and friendly community.  They currently have a bible study several mornings a week, a book study one afternoon a week,  3 worship services a week, and a psalter/prayer service every day, as well as some other activities.  If you click on the map at their landing point, there are options for NC's for their schedule, beliefs, faith, website and other information about them.   You should be able to find them by searching for "Christian Community" or for "worship".   

Thank you. I'll search for the church. Thanks for letting me know. God Bless.

• Like 2

Hi Aimy, try Go'd House of Prayer.  We have service every Sunday morning, Bible Study and fellowship for men and women during the week.  A very active community.  Happy hunting and hope to see you there. :)

• Like 4

We have Sunday Services at New Life on the Inopia Sim Sunday evenings at 5:30, and bible study on Tuesday evenings around the same time, sometimes held in the coffee shop in town. 

I know this is semi-necro, but I was searching for something myself for a while before I stumbled into NLCF. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, norajulian said:

We have Sunday Services at New Life on the Inopia Sim Sunday evenings at 5:30, and bible study on Tuesday evenings around the same time, sometimes held in the coffee shop in town. 

I know this is semi-necro, but I was searching for something myself for a while before I stumbled into NLCF. 

Are the services held over voice chat?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

Are the services held over voice chat?

Church services are held over the music stream. The pastor uses a DJ program, and voice is disabled for the service so that folks don’t accidentally interrupt service. Bible study is held over voice. 

• Like 3

I have a problem with christian followship. They all needs voice. My voice does not works. Do you have 'normal' followship like non christian communication somewhere. Groups ? Place you can meet people and chat normaly ? With christian events you need to translate the time SL time in understanding time and calculate what time it is and then you need to know if you can come or not. That is my second problem.  In SL we have groups why not using that kind of tools to talk. I know I am kind of new and maybe that is a strange idea.

I know a place called CHRISTIAN EDIFICATION.. It's active and on Saturdays we have  a bible study at 11 am SL time. If you want more Info Just message me in world.

• Like 2

when advising/inviting people it could be usefull to explain a bit in what direction your denominations is based on. There are thousends of different thoughts about the Word and what is preached/teached.

We do try our best to include everyone at the Anglican Cathedral of Second Life, although with the limited resources we have it's not possible to provide, eg, professional transcription services, although you would be welcome to bring your own transcriber. We do use both text and voice, but certainly could do much better. I have a hearing loss myself but I would be certainly interested in working with a profoundly deaf/Deaf user to find ways to improve what we offer.

Anglicans are known in some parts of the world as Episcopalians. We form a sort of halfway house between Catholic and Reformed denominations, but our worship is based around the cycle of daily prayer that Christians have been praying for many many hundreds of years. It's very difficult to nail down what Anglicans believe, because, frankly, there's a huge range, from the very liberal to the extremely conservative. 

We have prayer once a day - twice a day on Sundays, and run a discussion group and a bible study. At any time you can come and light a candle, submit a prayer request (they get instantly forwarded to our prayer team), or sit and think. Or just play with the cats. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Epiphany/109/130/2003

On 5/23/2019 at 3:01 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

And not a thought given to those who have hearing loss or are fully deaf. :(

Fair point, actually. The idea as a whole is very good but I do think that should be shorted out. It's all about being accommodating and welcoming to all believers, right? 

• Like 1

Necropost.thumb.jpg.7a16bc41fb15319f5b2590c571decf5e.jpg

... I mean, it's a year old. With the amount of preachers I've bumped into in that time without even looking, and the fact that the OP hasn't replied, one would assume they either found something or moved on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.