Nimue Galatea

How can I process Credit back into Linden dollars?

Question

I made a mistake and processed $15 worth of Lindens into Credit. I've downgraded from Premium back to Basic, and will have no use for Credit. How can I get back my lindens?

4 answers to this question

Buy more L$.  The exchange will use the amount in your USD balance first.  Sadly, you paid a fee for selling the L$ and now you'll pay another fee to buy L$ again.  It would be smart to wait until the next time you want to buy L$ and than place a large order.  After all, the fee for buying L$ is the same whether you buy  a small amount or a large amount, so you're always better off buying one large amount rather than a bunch of small ones.

• Like 1

Wait a second.

If you sold your $L, they will appear in your $USD Balance.  You can use that money to re-purchase $L.  There are transaction fees, in both directions.

BUT!

If you did a "Process Credit" transaction after you sold the $L and turned them into $USD, then the amount you specified will be sent to your PayPal account.  The process will take 5-10 business days.  And, as you might expect, there's a transaction fee assessed.  You may, when the money arrives in your PayPal account, use it to buy $L again.