Noel Loordes

Viewer with inventory bulk management features?

Question

Does some viewer support bulk-action features for inventory management? Having more than 40,000 items in my inventory, it has become slow, but manual cleanup is entirely unviable at the same time.

Some examples I am interested in include:

• Finding and deleting broken links.
  • Inside a directory (including outfits), bulk-rename objects and folders (e.g. for every folder named "MyOutfit XXXXX", rename the folder to "OldOutfit XXXXX", where XXXXX is an arbitrary string.).
  • Finding attachments/clothing that are not used in any outfit (e.g. in order to cut down on unused copies).
  • Finding inventory entries, for which exact duplicates exist.

The closest thing I know of is the "replace links" feature of Firestorm. 

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Noel Loordes said:

Does some viewer support bulk-action features for inventory management?

Unfortunately no.

Linden Lab was working on an upgrade of the entire inventory system a few years ago but I think they gave up.

The recent Catzip version apparently has some improved inventory usage tools, but best I know the improvements do not include any of the features you've listed.

So many of us wish we had better inventory management tools. I personally think that many of us would do some massive inventory reduction if we had better tools.  And ultimately that would be beneficial to LL's inventory database management. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 2:35 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

The recent Catzip version apparently has some improved inventory usage tools, but best I know the improvements do not include any of the features you've listed.

Thanks anyway. Because of your answer I gave Catznip a go again, and it has some interesting features over Firestorm (e.g. that the keyboard works in the outfit manager, and that renaming outfits is working properly.) While not the solution I hoped for, it definitely has some big advantages for inventory management.