Male skin advice - Mesh Gianni

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Men! (And girls with M-alts!) I need your help!

I have the Signature Gianni mesh body with a classic/system head (no mesh head) and I'm looking to upgrade my skin. Currently I'm using Elysium Elias but while I really like the face, I find the body too grey/desaturated so I've been using it with the default Gianni body skin. But it's difficult to match and I really don't like the default Gianni skin as I find the lower legs weirdly much too dark compared with the rest of the body. 

Despite hours and hours of searching on the Marketplace, I am struggling to find good quality alternative skins that have both Gianni/Omega and Classic compatible versions; it seems like everyone wants me to buy a Catwa head now - which I do not want to do (because a Catwa head plus appliers is like twenty quid in real money). A lot of my old favourite skin stores like Evian seem to have disappeared or stopped doing Classic skins, so who is now doing men's skins in Classic avatar versions with Gianni/Omega appliers? The only decent one I can find is Nivaro but I'm looking for more options. 

If it helps, I'm looking for something pale (like north European - not vampire), with a well-toned but not overly muscular body, and a clean-shaven face as I already have tat layers for my favourite beards.

That's the same skin I used before I went mesh, and as I refused to get a mesh head at first I tweaked the Signature default skins to match. Then I stepped into a zone with a different windlight and it was way off again. *sigh* 

I think it was in part due to the difficulty of finding a skin that came with both System and Signature/Omega appliers that I liked that I let my then-girlfriend convince me to get a mesh head.

Now I'm stuck forever searching for a new beard.

Remember that you can only control how it looks to you. You'll need to use CalWL or Nam's skin and prom for matching.

If you want to continue having that look, you can set your windlight so it doesn't change. Different windlight settings will give you different looks because of sun and shadows. No skin and mesh will look good in all windlight settings. You can't control what settings other use, only what yours is set on.

I'm aware of the windlight effects and I already use Nam's Optimum Skin & Prim. Unfortunately windlight can't cure the problem of the Gianni lower legs being several shades darker than the rest of the body, since that's a texturing issue on the same piece of mesh. 

I guess what I really need is just a list of skin-makers with male skins that work on both Classic avatars and Gianni (or Omega). So far I have Nivaro and 7 Deadly Skins.

Do any more exist or is that all now?

• 1 year later...

Maybe some of the skin stores have inworld "discount" areas.

I have a feeling about this, that they might have pulled their skins from the MP when they priced them down, to avoid LL taking its part from MP sales. Just a feeling, but that is what I would have done if I were them and had prims for the vendors.

I know about one female skin store that does this, Pink Fuel.

If I were you, I would look at older posts from Skell and other male bloggers before they used mesh. It is possible to look in the interesting stores for discount skins hidden in a corner. Or try to contact them or the CSR for the store and ask polite if they will sell the system skin. The system skins are still in the creators inventory unless it is deleted by them.

And maybe they will sell it. The worst they can do is to ignore your question or say no.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.