Why no confirmation on "report post"

BilliJo Aldrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I report a post (via the desktop browser), after clicking the 'Report post', it then always pops up a box for me to enter my comments and then I have to click a 'Submit Report' button.  So that is a confirmation, of sorts.  I almost never browse the forums from my phone, so no clue how reporting a post is handled in that method.

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I report a post (via the desktop browser), after clicking the 'Report post', it then always pops up a box for me to enter my comments and then I have to click a 'Submit Report' button.  So that is a confirmation, of sorts.  I almost never browse the forums from my phone, so no clue how reporting a post is handled in that method.

Me too, but on my phone I was scrolling thru a page of posts with my finger, trying to get back to the top.

My finger must have  hit a "report post" symbol. I was like crap i don't want to report it, I never even read it.

I touched the screen again and got the "thank you" message.

Oh well, no harm done  I guess.

• Administrators

Hello folks!

I've gone ahead and moved this thread on over to Forum Feedback, but I also wanted to gather some information on this issue.

When reporting from a web browser a window should pop up that contains a field to enter in additional details and a "Submit Report" button that finalizes the report. This should also still be the case when reporting through a mobile device. If you guys are seeing otherwise, please feel free to provide any additional information and we can try and see why that might be.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

Hello folks!

I've gone ahead and moved this thread on over to Forum Feedback, but I also wanted to gather some information on this issue.

When reporting from a web browser a window should pop up that contains a field to enter in additional details and a "Submit Report" button that finalizes the report. This should also still be the case when reporting through a mobile device. If you guys are seeing otherwise, please feel free to provide any additional information and we can try and see why that might be.

Thanks!

Yes a window did open up, It's possible that  I hit the "submit report" button while trying to escape.

Thank you 

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2297 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.