You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is a little trash can icon on the bottom right corner of the Gallery window. If you are wearing even one item from that outfit the trash can will be grayed out. It is also grayed out when there is only one outfit in the gallery but nothing is worn from it. Looks like it won't delete the last outfit from the gallery. I even deleted all the links from my inventory but can't delete the icon from the Gallery window.

On 11/01/2018 at 5:07 AM, Clover Jinx said:

... Looks like it won't delete the last outfit from the gallery.

SL relies on you wearing a bare minimum, I think skin,shape,and eyes, in order to rezz your avatar when you log in.  So it can't delete the last outfit, or you would become an orange cloud.  Most of us, nowadays, alpha-out the SL-essentials and put a mesh on, but they still have to be there.  You can make a minimalist outfit though, with just those items in it.

9 hours ago, Wither Rae said:

Thanks, Clover. Maybe I need to make sure not even my shape or anything is in those outfits I want to delete. UUMMM got me thinking. Thanks.

5 hours ago, anna2358 said:

SL relies on you wearing a bare minimum, I think skin,shape,and eyes, in order to rezz your avatar when you log in. 

Skin, shape, eyes and hairbase.  These are all system avatar parts.  These 4 can never be removed, only replaced.

BigFour.PNG.e02ff37171b3c7d721a3395f5beab4a1.PNG

I keep my outfits trimmed down for the most part.  My largest one is my base.  I have an outfit named !Base.  The exclamation point keeps it on top, just like in inventory.  This base has my body, head, HUDS including AO, ankle lock, tiptoe shoes and the big 4 above.  No clothes or mesh hair, tho.  This is what I wear under any outfit. 

When putting together an outfit, I usually do the whole thing with shoes and hair and accessories.  The whole thing.  When ready to save, I attach any appliers that were used, then right click and remove !Base.  Then Save As to a new name.  Yes, it looks horrible at the moment but you and right click !Base and add it back.  Once it is all back together, I take a snapshot for the outfit folder but it is not necessary if you don't want to spend the 10L$. 

Almost done.  At this point, the outfit is complete but will still have a copy the big 4 you cannot remove in its folder.  Open inventory, go to the My Outfits folder and then the folder for this outfit.  highlight those 4 system bits and delete them.  Don't worry, you are only deleting a link. 

Done.

Now, when you want to change outfits, just Remove one and Add another. And applier HUDS you need should be attached and waiting so apply them and detach the HUD.

Be careful of Replace, but if all else fails, simply Replace with !Base and Add a new outfit.

=====

Part 2.

The next obvious step is to add more !Base options.  This can be your mermaid, feral cat, child self, etc.  What ever.  I have a !Base Demon outfit folder, for example.

Anyway, I bring this up for a different reason.  Even if you will never be anything other than your base self, it helps to have another an alternate base that will have different Skin, Shape, Eyes and Hair than your normal one.  Even if that is all the outfit contains.  Actually, just those four is the best way to do it.  That way, you will always be able to right-click and replace outfit to something that is guaranteed to not have conflicts.  You will have times (and quit often really) where the outfit tool thinks you are wearing !Base thus preventing you from Replacing outfit with it.  If you have a second bare base, just replace outfit with that one, wait a few seconds for it to finish, and the replace with your normal base.

====

Part 3.

I don't go this far but you could break down outfits like you do with inventory folders.  Tops-Sweaters-Kozy Kitty cropped.  Bottoms-Skitrts-Long-Nora's pleated plaid.  I hope you get the idea.  It makes mix and match easier and has the added benefit of seeing a picture of the item along with other similar items all at once rather than having to open the folder, find the vendor photo (if they included the ad photo that is-- come on, Blueberry, why do I have to pay another 10 lindens just so I know which shirt this is among all those I bought from you without have to test wear it?!  ... OK, back to the  topic ...)  .. umm, what ... OK.  Anyway.  You can use outfits like a visual folder of all the separate pieces to help you find the right matches or accessories quickly.  I just don't have the time or determination to do that.  But it's an option some people use.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, anna2358 said:

SL relies on you wearing a bare minimum, I think skin,shape,and eyes, in order to rezz your avatar when you log in.  So it can't delete the last outfit, or you would become an orange cloud.  Most of us, nowadays, alpha-out the SL-essentials and put a mesh on, but they still have to be there.  You can make a minimalist outfit though, with just those items in it.

This has nothing to do with what I mentioned. All the outfits do is make links to the items so we should be able to delete even the last one. After creating an outfit, I changed the system eyes, skin, shape and hairbase/brows that I was wearing so nothing in the outfit was being worn, yet it still would not let me delete the outfit.

10 hours ago, Wither Rae said:

Thanks, Clover. Maybe I need to make sure not even my shape or anything is in those outfits I want to delete. UUMMM got me thinking. Thanks

This is what I tried and it didn't work. Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended. Maybe Whirly or someone could explain further.

I've never even used the Outfit Gallery tab.  When I'm done putting things on, I edit appearance and save the outfit with a new name (or sometimes replace one).  That is the only usage of the Outfits window I ever do.  If I decide I don't want an outfit anymore, I simply delete it from the Outfits folder.  Best I know, you can delete everything from within that folder in the Inventory window.  I wear outfits directly from that folder also, still not using the Outfits window.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've never even used the Outfit Gallery tab.  When I'm done putting things on, I edit appearance and save the outfit with a new name (or sometimes replace one).  That is the only usage of the Outfits window I ever do.  If I decide I don't want an outfit anymore, I simply delete it from the Outfits folder.  Best I know, you can delete everything from within that folder in the Inventory window.  I wear outfits directly from that folder also, still not using the Outfits window.

Yep I did that too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.