BuddiBuhdeedee

Not showing premium purchased

Question

So i purchased a premium account specifically so that i may buy land. Now I'm attempting to place a bid on an auction and it wont allow, stating that I do not have a premium account still. Why?

Is it the 45days thing again?? I hope not. That'd be some BS if that's the case;(

5 answers to this question

How big is the lot you are trying to buy? Only 512 comes with Premium. You can bump this up a little if you make a group and donate the tier to the group. 

Yeah, it's a good idea to read carefully in the Knowledge Base or other SL resources before you try a new operation, especially one that will cost you L$. ;)  In this case, its the Auction FAQ:

Can anyone in Second Life buy land in the auctions?

No. Only residents that have Premium memberships and are at least 14 days old are eligible to participate in auctions.

LittleMe is correct.  In fact, MOST land in SL is sold resident-to-resident, not through the land auctions.  Open your world Map, check the Land Sale box in the legend, and look for yellow patches.  These are parcels for sale.

You can also use Search.  Try CTRL+F or click the button with the magnifying glass icon.  Look in the Land and Rentals category and click "View all land and rentals".  Then set up a search.  For example, Mainland/For Sale/512 to 512.  That will return all Mainland 512 parcels listed for sale in Search.

• Like 1