Home decorating Tips and Ideas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have rented a home and am looking for decorating ideas. The home came with a kitchen, table, couch and rug set, two furnished bedrooms and one furnished bathroom. I have turned one empty room into an office with furniture, but still have an empty bathroom and two empty rooms. I also want to add to the living room. I already have one fireplace and two tvs. The house also has an empty garage that I am able to put stuff in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is set on an adult zoned lot. 

1 hour ago, SophiaGrace4 said:

I have rented a home and am looking for decorating ideas. The home came with a kitchen, table, couch and rug set, two furnished bedrooms and one furnished bathroom. I have turned one empty room into an office with furniture, but still have an empty bathroom and two empty rooms. I also want to add to the living room. I already have one fireplace and two tvs. The house also has an empty garage that I am able to put stuff in. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It is set on an adult zoned lot. 

if yr female in real life i got a bed and a sofa an a chair with poses that im not usin willin to lend to get a free room in yr house if yr realy female in rl

38 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

if yr female in real life i got a bed and a sofa an a chair with poses that im not usin willin to lend to get a free room in yr house if yr realy female in rl

with a spellcheck your message might get a better impression.. also be carefull not to go stalk every single lady that expresses herself on the forum...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Corpses. Corpses everywhere!

I mean. Err.

It depends entirely on the style, theme and feel of the home - and your taste. My living room may be set up meticulously, with a lot of care taken into giving it just the right amount of light and making sure the space doesn't feel empty anywhere but also not cluttered - yet most people who visit set the sun position to midday and find that it's.. Well, Gothic. 

Would love to see that orwar:)

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Corpses. Corpses everywhere!

I mean. Err.

It depends entirely on the style, theme and feel of the home - and your taste. My living room may be set up meticulously, with a lot of care taken into giving it just the right amount of light and making sure the space doesn't feel empty anywhere but also not cluttered - yet most people who visit set the sun position to midday and find that it's.. Well, Gothic. 

• Like 1

How many prims does your parcel support and how many prims have you used? I suggest you first reduce prim usage with your existing house and furniture. Link as much of your house together including all non-interactive modifiable furniture and set them to convex hull. Also, evaluate all existing furniture and replace with lower land impact (LI) furniture of similar quality. When purchasing furniture and decorations always buy low LI or even single prim objects and link them with the existing house if possible and set to convex hull. Look for modifiable or even full perm objects.

Why the emphasis on minimizing prim usage? You end up with more prims to add further objects ro your house. The kitchen needs a stove, oven, toaster, coffee machine, refrigerator, sink, dishes, table cloths, rezzable food, paintings of food on the walls, ceiling lights, kitchen rug, trashcan, pantry, cupboards, potted plants, etc. You could add these all.

Every room in the house will benefit if you have enough prims to add things. All rooms should have lamps and/or ceiling lights that can actually produce light with on/off light scripts. Single prim potted plants make great room fillers and bare walls should be covered by posters or paintings. 

However, be careful with chaning current stuff to convex hull. Take note of the original LI before doing so because every now and then the change will cause it to increase - and sometimes by quite a lot.  If you are going to change something that is already a large LI and you don't have lots of LI available, you should try the change in a sandbox - or be prepared for the item to possibly be returned to you for going over you allottment (had this happen to me just yesterday).

• 1 month later...

Personally I always start with a low prim empty home and then fill it with low prim furniture. I find the furnished homes not only have bad quality furniture but also suck up the prims. In the end it is entirely up to you. You can by a super low prim house and redo the textures to make it more realistic its more work but well worth it. Also please try and support SL artists if you can. There are many out there who have extremely beautiful work. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.