Mesh outfit commission

Brewpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was looking through the market and didn't see an outfit I was looking for. So my friend said to ask someone to commission it but I was wondering how much a mesh outfit would be for a specific body. Like Kemono or avatar 2.0

4 answers to this question

The only way to find out will be to post a request in the InWorld Employment forum and try to attract a mesh creator who is willing to do the work. One-of-a-kind custom work of any kind is not cheap, but you'll have negotiate the price with the creator (and probably pay a deposit) before contracting for the job.

BTW, don't just look at price. The lowest price you're quoted may be from someone who cuts corners or doesn't have a clue about how to create mesh well. Ask to see examples of previous work -- demos perhaps -- so you can judge the quality of work before committing yourself.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

An alternative would be to learn how to create mesh clothing yourself.  This is free...but it will require the investment of a lot of time and effort.  The upside is that once you learn how, if your stuff is good, and of interest to others, you can sell it.

Two free tools: 

On 04/01/2018 at 10:11 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

An alternative would be to learn how to create mesh clothing yourself.  This is free...but it will require the investment of a lot of time and effort.  The upside is that once you learn how, if your stuff is good, and of interest to others, you can sell it.

Two free tools: 

I will ALWAYS encourage people to try their hand at modelling, it's becoming an increasingly relevant skill in the world today.

You can also learn a lot at https://www.cgcookie.com/ and is generally the first place I point people to if they're serious about getting into it.

As said prior to this post, check and compare creators and their portfolios, some art types will appeal more to certain projects than others -  we all have our specialities and come from very different backgrounds.

Here's things you should do in order to get the response you need from a mesh creator:

- Be sure to give a short description; Detail what you need your item to do (such as framework for a scripter).

- For clothes, mention the body and any third party products you're wanting to possibly use it with.

- Provide reference images, this is wholly important as it allows you to visually share your idea.

- Ensure and proof read your request, go through it with your creator as any additions to the original project could incur you a charge to do so.

- Be aware of agreements between you and the creator (get it in writing), lay out rules such as if you want it to be exclusive to you and not be resold by the creator.

- Be professional and have patience, you'll get a much better product out of a creator who's having fun making your items - maybe an extra feature or two, too!

• Like 2

On 1/7/2018 at 10:38 AM, Zoxin said:

I will ALWAYS encourage people to try their hand at modelling, it's becoming an increasingly relevant skill in the world today.

You can also learn a lot at https://www.cgcookie.com/ and is generally the first place I point people to if they're serious about getting into it.

As said prior to this post, check and compare creators and their portfolios, some art types will appeal more to certain projects than others -  we all have our specialities and come from very different backgrounds.

Here's things you should do in order to get the response you need from a mesh creator:

- Be sure to give a short description; Detail what you need your item to do (such as framework for a scripter).

- For clothes, mention the body and any third party products you're wanting to possibly use it with.

- Provide reference images, this is wholly important as it allows you to visually share your idea.

- Ensure and proof read your request, go through it with your creator as any additions to the original project could incur you a charge to do so.

- Be aware of agreements between you and the creator (get it in writing), lay out rules such as if you want it to be exclusive to you and not be resold by the creator.

- Be professional and have patience, you'll get a much better product out of a creator who's having fun making your items - maybe an extra feature or two, too!

Very well said!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2288 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.