Avie Benoir

How do I acquire my premium 512 land?

Recently I became a premium member, I am not interested in the houses. I would like to find where to look for the 512 plots.

Are there land marks to these sims where I can find them?

Advice is most appreciated.

Thank you.

There are 2 ways for you to obtain a 512 parcel.

1. Buy it on mainland. Once you've bought it, there is nothing more to pay because your first 512 is tier-free.

2. Get a Linden Home. For that, you don't need to buy the land. Go to account page and look around for Linden Homes.

2 hours ago, Avie Benoir said:

Recently I became a premium member, I am not interested in the houses. I would like to find where to look for the 512 plots.

Thank you.

Go to the "World Map" and click the "Land Sales" checkbox. All land for sale will be highlighted in solid yellow with "price tags." There's no specific area for just 512 square meter plots. The Premium allowance is only for land on the "mainland", which are the large contiguous areas that form "continents."

You can also go to "Search" and select the "Land and Rentals" tab, then "Show all rentals". This will allow you to sort for size, cost and Mainland status.

30 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You can also go to "Search" and select the "Land and Rentals" tab, then "Show all rentals".

mainland sales is a better option.... OP wants to use his premium 512 sqm, not able to use that for rentals.

34 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

mainland sales is a better option.... OP wants to use his premium 512 sqm, not able to use that for rentals.

You're right - the proper name of the link is "View All Land & Rentals." I typed in the wrong name.

The other (more fun I think) way to find 512 plots is to go somewhere on the mainland (likely you ARE on the mainland) and open up the map. Look for yellow squares which means those lands are for sale. The smallest ones -- usually rectangular -- are the 512s. You can click on the dollar sign associated with that lot and see the price. 

Prices will range from less than $1 per square meter (so less than $512) to "outrageous" prices. You can teleport from the map to see the properties that look interesting. You can also see --- just from looking on the map -- if the property currently (this can always change) has empty land next to it. Quite a bit of the empty land is in maintenance and owned by Governor Linden (Linden Lab) which is usually a plus as you wont have neighbors close by. 

NOTE THAT IF YOU BUY MAINLAND YOU NEED TO KEEP BEING PREMIUM IN ORDER TO KEEP THAT MAINLAND PLOT. That is not the rule with private land.

Have fun!

image.thumb.png.bfe54dfc5a6fe7c4716415ffc385a83d.png

5 hours ago, Avie Benoir said:

Thank you.

From the thread title, it sounds like you might be thinking that you can get a 512 plot of land instead of the Linden house for your Premium membership.  What the Premium is actually giving you is 512 sqm of TIER.  This means that you still have to buy a plot of land.  Tier is then paid monthly, based on the size of your land.  If your land is only 512, then you will owe nothing more each month outside of whatever you pay for your Premium membership (whether you pay that monthly, quarterly, or yearly).  If you buy a plot larger than 512, then you only pay monthly Tier for the amount over 512 -- i.e. if you buy a 1024 sqm plot, then you'll pay monthly Tier for 512, which is $5 US each month.

Be careful that you only buy on Mainland.  Land in private regions/estates are not part of the Premium benefit. 

If you do decide to buy regular Mainland (rather than taking a free Linden Home) and if you fall in love with a 560 (or 544, or 528) instead of a 512, it's still possible to own that with your Premium "bonus" tier, if you buy it for a Group you create. While the vast majority of small parcels are exactly 512, there are also some 560s that were carved out specifically to take advantage of this group-ownership trick. (This can offset the uncounted Linden Homes house prims that are counted on a regular Mainland parcel.) The difference probably isn't worth going out of your way to find these slightly larger parcels, but it may be good to know the option exists.