Samie Shieldmaiden

If someone has me blocked can I still buy stuff from them on marketplace

Question

Nothing happened just a question. If someone has me blocked in second life am I still able to purchase content they put on the market?

Or if I cant buy from the market place am I able to gift it to myself from an alt they wouldn't know about?

Edited by Samie Shieldmaiden

8 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Because you are rating the product, not the merchant. Taking off a star for bad costumer service and mentioning such in your review to let others know should be enough, you however talked about leaving 1 star reviews regardless if the product is perfect or not simply because you don't like the costumer service.

Again I would like to remind you, 99% of store owners in SL are not professional, they're people just like you who have fun playing shop and hope they make a few Lindens with it. At the end of the day they don't owe you jack, especially in the case you brought up here as you weren't a costumer, just someone interested. They don't have to kiss up to you like sales people in real life do.

What I think happened here though is that both you -and- the merchant are great people but a language barrier created a misunderstanding.
Depends lets say i thought it was enlish. (the item description on MP  english . i and then i see after buy and the  doc was in gerrman. and it comes with a german hud with german buttons.
then by doing so. the item even if its the coolest . becomes less cool
cause  i might miss all the cool optios

But i would contact them . and tell them  i dont read german  if they are helping me nicely i will give them a full star .|
and if i would ask them info. and they blocked me. i keep it on lowest stats.

Edited by SnowWolf Weizhen

unfortunately in sl you are not really supposed to rate the creator or the service provided only the product which I find to be a flawed system it allows some creators to be total jerks about what they can do and get away with no possible repercussions because you are not allowed to shame them for how they act or treated you.

believe me if i bought a car and it was in bad condition, it would let the seller know and everyone else going to that seller know, so they were not duped or scammed too. I would also let everyone know if that seller treated me with common decency or respect as well or not so people could decide if they want to deal with such a person. the seller would be held accountable for their actions and behavior as well as the condition of the product.

there is way too much hand holding in sl to protect the ego's of some of the content developers. if I was selling something I would prefer to know the good and bad about the item, and the good and bad of the personal interaction between me and them. that way if there was any need to improve on customer relations which would possibly help get more sales it could be addressed as needed.

but most developers have their heads up their own rear end so far and think they are so special and should be treated special and cannot take any criticism about them or their products. I know of a couple that are like that, but because of the no shame rule cannot even directly mention them here as a warning to others about their behaviors. it shouldn't matter if its a hobby or not. If you are going to sell something here, you should be respectful or expect to be slammed for not doing so or perhaps you shouldn't be looking for an easy sell with no negative responses..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

unfortunately in sl you are not really supposed to rate the creator or the service provided only the product which I find to be a flawed system it allows some creators to be total jerks about what they can do and get away with no possible repercussions because you are not allowed to shame them for how they act or treated you.

believe me if i bought a car and it was in bad condition, it would let the seller know and everyone else going to that seller know, so they were not duped or scammed too. I would also let everyone know if that seller treated me with common decency or respect as well or not so people could decide if they want to deal with such a person. the seller would be held accountable for their actions and behavior as well as the condition of the product.

there is way too much hand holding in sl to protect the ego's of some of the content developers. if I was selling something I would prefer to know the good and bad about the item, and the good and bad of the personal interaction between me and them. that way if there was any need to improve on customer relations which would possibly help get more sales it could be addressed as needed.

but most developers have their heads up their own rear end so far and think they are so special and should be treated special and cannot take any criticism about them or their products. I know of a couple that are like that, but because of the no shame rule cannot even directly mention them here as a warning to others about their behaviors. it shouldn't matter if its a hobby or not. If you are going to sell something here, you should be respectful or expect to be slammed for not doing so or perhaps you shouldn't be looking for an easy sell with no negative responses..

The thing is, if naming and shaming was allowed, a lot of folks would take advantage of that and do a smear campaign on whomever they please regardless of it being true or not. It would be impossible regulate who deserves a verbal lashing and who is just being griefed.

To address the bolded part of your statement, please do not make such a blanket statement. You admit to knowing a couple who are like that, yet it makes you throw out sentences that include 'most developers'. Don't judge the whole batch by a few rotten apples. Many creators will go out of their way to be helpful.

There's a miniscule minority that are truly rude, then there's the creators who never reply to an inquiry because they have left SL years ago but left their products up for sale, then there's the language barriers. SL is used by people from an immense amount of different countries and a lot gets lost in translation, misunderstandings can get both sides up in arms and they point the finger at each other calling the other party rude. Which is what I think happened to the OP.

Does the dev deserve a smear campaign for that? I don't think so, especially since if you read the OP's responses close the creator clearly misunderstood the request, even asked other creators if 'its done like that' and upon receiving no's she/he told the OP that.

14 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

So you are agreeing with me while trying not to,

no. i was reacting to your authoritive misinterpretation of the Lab's policy:

specifically, from that post:

Policies and guidelines

1. The review should be about the item in the product listing, or about support regarding that item.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EnCore Mayne said:

no. i was reacting to your authoritive misinterpretation of the Lab's policy:

specifically, from that post:

Policies and guidelines

1. The review should be about the item in the product listing, or about support regarding that item.

I stand corrected and will henceforth not complain when I see reviews that rate an as advertised and fully functional product 1 star just because they didn't like the merchant due to some missunderstanding or because they couldn't con the merchant out of a refund to get a freebie.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I stand corrected and will henceforth not complain when I see reviews that rate an as advertised and fully functional product 1 star just because they didn't like the merchant due to some missunderstanding or because they couldn't con the merchant out of a refund to get a freebie.

i dont need them to send me a freebie. i just want to test a rezzed item in world so  can see it funtcion.

and this isnt cause i dont like them.
They have a problem with me  ! the shopowner was iffeded that i wated to see their item rezzed in world
i dont want a freebie silly ! syn
i just want them to keep ther items. but let me see them in world so i can test them.. so i know if i wanna buy it.

if you think im trying to weasel out a free product. youi are as blind as she is.
i just wanted  it to be rezzed in world . The  item in word still is her item

23 minutes ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

i dont need them to send me a freebie. i just want to test a rezzed item in world so  can see it funtcion.

and this isnt cause i dont like them.
They have a problem with me  ! the shopowner was iffeded that i wated to see their item rezzed in world
i dont want a freebie silly ! syn
i just want them to keep ther items. but let me see them in world so i can test them.. so i know if i wanna buy it.

if you think im trying to weasel out a free product. youi are as blind as she is.
i just wanted  it to be rezzed in world . The  item in word still is her item

And this is exactly what I mean with language barriers creating misunderstandings. I wasn't even talking about you but replying to the poster in a general sense. It was never my intention to accuse you of trying to get a freebie.

See what I mean now? How easy it is for a misunderstanding to happen and why I believe the same happened with the merchant you talked to?

It's also the reason why I strongly believe costumer service shouldn't outweight whether a product is fully functional and as advertised or not.

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

And this is exactly what I mean with language barriers creating misunderstandings. I wasn't even talking about you but replying to the poster in a general sense. It was never my intention to accuse you of trying to get a freebie.

See what I mean now? How easy it is for a misunderstanding to happen and why I believe the same happened with the merchant you talked to?

It's also the reason why I strongly believe costumer service shouldn't outweight whether a product is fully functional and as advertised or not.

oo. i get it now .

to me customer sevice is the product ..
in sl Something is going wrong evenually.

i know  a nice crearor. that made  a sim with  a  AI  animals.
they are always willing to help, 
so by that idea.   (bought a husky there  full stars.)
because i feel welcomed in there.
and i bought my fiance a dog too. , and im gonna buy her  bunny too soon.
those people make me feel warm . and welcomed.
if they were mean.  and chose to block me . that to me means i will always think their products are bad too. cause if somebody is rude. it means i wont come  back and buy more dogs ether for my fiance. not even the bunny.. lol

17 minutes ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

oo. i get it now .

to me customer sevice is the product ..
in sl Something is going wrong evenually.

i know  a nice crearor. that made  a sim with  a  AI  animals.
they are always willing to help, 
so by that idea.   (bought a husky there  full stars.)
because i feel welcomed in there.
and i bought my fiance a dog too. , and im gonna buy her  bunny too soon.
those people make me feel warm . and welcomed.
if they were mean.  and chose to block me . that to me means i will always think their products are bad too. cause if somebody is rude. it means i wont come  back and buy more dogs ether for my fiance. not even the bunny.. lol

I get that, fortunately most creators are nice and will be happy to help! Just sometimes language gets in the way and there *are* some creators who are rude.

If someone is rude, just ignore it, don't buy their product, life is too short to get upset over those jerks :)

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 7:45 PM, Syn Anatine said:

The thing is, if naming and shaming was allowed, a lot of folks would take advantage of that and do a smear campaign on whomever they please regardless of it being true or not. It would be impossible regulate who deserves a verbal lashing and who is just being griefed.

To address the bolded part of your statement, please do not make such a blanket statement. You admit to knowing a couple who are like that, yet it makes you throw out sentences that include 'most developers'. Don't judge the whole batch by a few rotten apples. Many creators will go out of their way to be helpful.

There's a miniscule minority that arAe truly rude, then there's the creators who never reply to an inquiry because they have left SL years ago but left their products up for sale, then there's the language barriers. SL is used by people from an immense amount of different countries and a lot gets lost in translation, misunderstandings can get both sides up in arms and they point the finger at each other calling the other party rude. Which is what I think happened to the OP.

Does the dev deserve a smear campaign for that? I don't think so, especially since if you read the OP's responses close the creator clearly misunderstood the request, even asked other creators if 'its done like that' and upon receiving no's she/he told the OP that.

Actually I know more than just a couple who have are that way. I was just not going to take take the time to try and tally them all up then list the number. It would probably take at least both hands and one foot maybe both or even more; but it was not the point of what I said. the point is that there are a lot that are actually this way in sl.. not a minuscule amount, stop trying to minimize it by making it seem it doesn't happen that often. once any creator becomes to popular their ego begins to grow too far and they become full of themselves. power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely and this is what they have because they dont have to worry about any negative feedback or shaming on their listings.

in the real world such behaviors would not be accepted by real consumers. and they would not be stopped from shaming someone that had given them poor customer service.

toward the possible smear campaign that would all sort itself out over time when the facts were presented by both sides. anyone with any common sense can see right through a smear campaign when its tried. its not that hard to do really. even a high school graduate can tell a con job when its being presented to them with enough facts from both sides. it doesn't take a high level of iq to figure these things out. just some basic common sense.

if a creator fears a smear campaign the maybe they need to grow a thicker skin before selling on the mp.

• Thanks 1

Snowwolf why dont you try being honest for once. You came to my sim, postured around being rude and DEMANDING stating EVERY builder gives you demo's and that i have to rez a demo of a product for you, which normally i would have since its sim locked in scripts of our demo products, but no you spent 5 HOURS insulting me in im's and insulting my store. On top of that you then after saying you would never purchase from me, 4-5 months later BOUGHT that product just so you could leave negative feedback. I for one have better things to do than stew over something so small as not getting my way and spend those 4-5 months thinking of a way to be petty & small.

To top it off and show how immature you are, you then then BOUGHT that product AGAIN when your ranting feedback was removed by lindens only so you could leave more negative feedback. So you spent over 5k lindens on a product you swore you would never buy since i wouldnt give you a demo, just to be immature and clearly vindictive so i was correct to block you after the 5 hours of you insulting me and yes i still have those logs. WOW just WOW!

Edited by subgirl Magic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, subgirl Magic said:

Snowwolf why dont you try being honest for once. You came to my sim, postured around being rude and DEMANDING stating EVERY builder gives you demo's and that i have to rez a demo of a product for you, which normally i would have since its sim locked in scripts of our demo products, but no you spent 5 HOURS insulting me in im's and insulting my store. On top of that you then after saying you would never purchase from me, 4-5 months later BOUGHT that product just so you could leave negative feedback. I for one have better things to do than stew over something so small as not getting my way and spend those 4-5 months thinking of a way to be petty & small.

To top it off and show how immature you are, you then then BOUGHT that product AGAIN when your ranting feedback was removed by lindens only so you could leave more negative feedback. So you spent over 5k lindens on a product you swore you would never buy since i wouldnt give you a demo, just to be immature and clearly vindictive so i was correct to block you after the 5 hours of you insulting me and yes i still have those logs. WOW just WOW!

when i asked you if  can test it in wold. you then  claimed that none of  the other creators do that. which was wrong.

so i told you you where wrong, 
then  you blocked me for telling the  truth !

you blocked me when i sayd the truth.  so was i supposed to say : oo you are always right  subgirl?

if you woukdln't have blocked me i cold have told you a list of shops that have their product.

But you chose to do the child option of blockiing me.
we could have talked this  over like adults.

lol...i'm not the one who has been stalking you for 5 months simply because you didn't get your way. I am not wrong, you are very immature and petulant like a brat who i guess has always gotten what they wanted or then went about bullying & harassing people.

For  those who have read this poor me i'm so innocent post and she blocked me for no reason bla bla bal...I blocked him for his rudeness, immaturity, harassment, insults and clearly i was right to since you've been STALKING ME since Oct 29th!

This dudes been stalking me for 4-5 months now simply for not letting him have a demo due to his rude entitled attitude which shows clearly on this forum.

You stated i won't buy your product so i was okay with that. But no, YOU stewed for those months conniving ways to seek revenge for what...not getting what you wanted. Sorry but i'm not your mommy and i don't have to give into whatever you want.

You bought the item you said you wouldn't ever buy to ONLY give negative 1 star as you stated you would. Then even lindens saw this was wrong and removed it.

What did you do then...you BOUGHT an even more expensive copy version of that SAME item so you could AGAIN leave negative feedback which will again be removed. So who did you hurt? ME? lol. You spent over 5k lindens to play a vindictive game which really makes me see i was right to block you as you have issues!

You ranted about me in this group without telling people the truth, you insulted me, my store because i wouldn't give you your way. Dude GROW UP!  You msg's my staff crying to them,  telling people your pity story about big bad me and how you did NOTHING to get blocked.  I don't know whats wrong with you mentally if you're stunted or what, because blocking someone who is harassing and stalking and verbally abusing a person isn't childish, its smart. All this drama about you being blocked for how you acted and what you said in im as well as in public on the sim...SERIOUSLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? GET A LIFE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, subgirl Magic said:

You ...

i think it would be wise to  make demo versions available to grab... would have saved a lot lost energy.

• Like 1

If he hadn't been so rude I would have thought about it, most of my products with the exception of rlv suits i have sim demos of. But you can't fix crazy once it gets rolling.

Edited by subgirl Magic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

not a minuscule amount, stop trying to minimize it by making it seem it doesn't happen that often.

That is your own very subjective view on this. On the contrary I lost count of the amazing devs I have met here, some of which went above and beyond about an inquiry. I've been in SL for 12 years and only started my own small store about 4 years ago, so I have been a costumer much longer than a creator and I can say the amount of rude dev's I have come across can be counted on less than a hand. I only remember two instances were creators were incredibly rude unprovoked.

Perhaps we shop in very different places, perhaps we approach creators in very different manners, but we seem to have completely different experiences with this.

5 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

toward the possible smear campaign that would all sort itself out over time when the facts were presented by both sides.

That is very faulty thinking. Creators do their work on their own time, whenever they have time, some (like me) would also much prefer having a social SL life in between creating. Why should creators take time out of their busy schedule to fight that kind of battles just so people can see their side? A 'guilty until proven innocent' mindset would set in.

It simply wouldn't work like that and the result would be that a) dev's look bad simply because they prioritize and do not get involved in those battles b) creators create less items because they're too busy fighting those battles or c) creators would simple give up as its not worth the trouble dealing with griefers.

Your point of view is incredibly shortsighted and one sided.

Edited by Syn Anatine

Woohoo, in before the lock!

This thread now has not one, but two separate person to person arguments going on.  Betcha it won't be for long, though!

ibtl00183f.jpg

There is a new Marketplace feature that's just been released.
If you have a customer added to your viewer block list, they can no longer purchase from your marketplace store  ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

when i asked you kindly in world if i can test the product in world..
told me you don't do that. and neither does any other shop owner.
so i disagreed. you got upset.
you blocked me just cause i don't agree..
i wasn't mean. i only disagreed .

Shakes my head. OY. You started a thread with as you stated, the intent to harass me and "shame" me since I would not do what you wanted. You went insane for months plotting over how to get even with me for not giving you what you wanted and being told no. Then being blocked after 5 hours of insults and more rudeness

And good lord, enough of the you did nothing to get blocked. You didn't get your way and you're still lying about how you acted even though the logs show your insults and entitled belligerent behavior. Other people have logs of you as well insulting me months after you didn't get your way. I am not sure who or how you were raised but the world doesn't revolve around what you want. It takes a HELL of a lot for me to block someone!

There is no part of this whole thing that you were nice or right. You can't act innocent when your own quotes on this post show you are not a good person or nice person. You're a vindictive manipulative spoiled brat who was seeking help on how to harass someone on the marketplace all cause you got blocked and didn't get a demo.

I hope you never get a job at the post office if this is how you act over something so silly as not getting your way.

There is no nice way to say this but again i am so beyond tired of your bs...you're INSANE and delusional!

Edited by subgirl Magic
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

12 minutes ago, subgirl Magic said:

oh please... mute/block/ignore eachother or at least provid us with popcorn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, subgirl Magic said:

Cheddar or movie theater butter?

If you can misquote me, I can misquote you!  

Umm that is NOT how it went down.

" you blocked me just cause i don't agree.. "

INCORRECT

Let me correct you. As has already been said...

Subgirl almost NEVER blocks people. I know this. For her to do that it is because she must have seriously gotten tired of arguing with you.

that means this was NOT a simple disagreement. As I already told you...

thats not why she blocked you. she blocked you because you were argumentative, insulted her and became a major pain in the ass. She did what any person on second life would do under the circumstances.

As far as wanting to test a product, not every vendor has a facility for this, thats just a fact, nor is it a given requirement. For you to DEMAND it says something in and of itself.

I also am the one who tells her all the time to just block people who bother her and she doesn't listen. For her to have blocked you you had to have SERIOUSLY gotten under her skin.

• Like 1

Oh and in addition to that could you please tell me why after buying one of these products, leaving negative feedback, having your negative feedback removed by the lindens, you went and bought ANOTHER one just so you could leave negative feedback AGAIN.

So you've spent roughly 5,000 lindens on this product TWICE.

That's intelligent.

• Haha 2