If someone has me blocked can I still buy stuff from them on marketplace

Samie Shieldmaiden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i wanna know if i can be blocked from giving review ?, if somebody blocks me  on sl ?

1 shopowner  got upset when i askd to test products before i buy she acket like i was insane  for wanting to test befor i pay for it.

she blocked me from the  shop and group. 
only cause i wanted to test before i spend my money

shes a teerible shop owner..  so i hope my responses to the things i bought in her store. will still visible .
when i give 1 star  i want her to see it.
shes totally rude.

Edited by SnowWolf Weizhen
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 12:25 AM, Samie Shieldmaiden said:

Nothing happened just a question. If someone has me blocked in second life am I still able to purchase content they put on the market?

No

On 1/4/2018 at 12:25 AM, Samie Shieldmaiden said:

Or if I cant buy from the market place am I able to gift it to myself from an alt they wouldn't know about?

No.

If Marketplace Seller A adds Customer B to their in world block/mute list, Customer B will be unable to make purchases from Seller A's MP store.

Customer C will also be unable to gift items from Seller A's store to blocked Customer B.

Attempting to purchase an item from a seller who has you blocked will give you the error message: We are unable to process your order at this time. Please try again later. You may add this item to your cart or save as a favorite.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

i hope my responses to the things i bought in her store. will still visible .

shes totally rude.

let us hope you won't get banned from sl for false reviews and harrassing this shop owner

2 hours ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

like i was insane  for wanting to test befor i pay for it.

You cán ask for a demo, but not for a full product without to pay for it... she's more than right not doing that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

she can refuse to let me test. thats fine.
but she got offended by me asking.

she blocked me cause i wanted to test it in wold.
who does that ?
 i assume she got super upset cause she knows if i test it, im not gonna buy it.
its like buying a car.
i dont pay withouht a test drive,
i hate wasting my money on items that after i payd them. are totally crappy quality
cause as soon as  payd it. they  have it.
my money.. and many shops in SL dont have a Money back guarantee

• Like 2

I think it sounds like you made a small verbal faux pas and she took it the wrong way.  You meant to ask for a demo.  Her proper response would have been "No," and then your proper reaction would have been to walk away and shop somewhere else.  A "test" might mean the same thing to you, but it clearly didn't to her.  So, live and learn.  You both lost on that one.

her items are rezable in word
i just wanted to test them first.
i actually wanted to buy the more expensive one from her shop.

her copy version.
but when i asked that she got offended ?
 im the one that should be offended
the way she treated me  !

shes the one that needs to learn.from this. but i cant  reach her  lol
some people are too easily offended.

makes me wonder , if she refuses  me to test them in world. maybe cause she  knows when  i see them in world . i will hate them

that seems to me the only plausibe reason she got offemded when  i asked for a  demo  ! she knows her products wont sell , if people can test them in world shes gonna lose money !

7 hours ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

shes a teerible shop owner..  so i hope my responses to the things i bought in her store. will still visible .
shes totally rude.

I hope that how I read this isn't what you actually intended to say.  When I read this, it sounds to me like you want to be able to give 1 star reviews based on the owner's behavior (or your perception of it) rather than on the quality of the item purchased.  That is not cool, and is not how the item purchased review is meant to be used.   

Additionally, if you already believe that her items are not of the quality depicted in the MP listing, then why would you want to purchase them? 

Edited by moirakathleen
spelling
  • Like 4

Wolf, asking to "test" a copyable item could be interpreted as saying, "Give me a free, fully functional, copyable item.  If I like it, I'll pay you.  You can trust me."

That may not have been what you meant, but it could have been how she interpreted your request.

The correct way to word your question is, "Pardon me, but do you have a Demo version?"

• Like 2

i dindt need a demo sent to me.
she merely needed to rezz 1 on world. so i test it.

. thats the way most shops work.

she told  me that none of the shops work like that. she taked to her fellow creator, and they confirmed that nobody  has nobody had  shops  in world.

Well she was totally wrong.
cause i do alot of testing inworld 
all my fav shops have a shop both in world and in marketpalace.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

she told  me that none of the shops work like that. she taked to her fellow creator, and they confirmed that nobody  has nobody had  shops  in world.

well damn, why am I paying a fortune for a sim to demo furniture then :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2019 at 11:05 PM, moirakathleen said:

I hope that how I read this isn't what you actually intended to say.  When I read this, it sounds to me like you want to be able to give 1 star reviews based on the owner's behavior (or your perception of it) rather than on the quality of the item purchased.  That is not cool, and is not how the item purchased review is meant to be used.   

Additionally, if you already believe that her items are not of the quality depicted in the MP listing, then why would you want to purchase them? 

i dont wanna buy them, i wanna test first before  pay money so i can know if they are good or bad, if they suit my taste. and requrement.

Edited by SnowWolf Weizhen

also if i would be forced to pay for something withott testing. that to me would lower my own  appeciaton of a product.
i woud never rate her things low  just to spite her .  thats more the tactic of the person that has blocked me
but if she blocks me.in world  that also means if need help with it , i cant get it.
so that would also lower my feelings about the products.
I dont only give a rating on the items themselves. but actually mostiy the support behind the item
cause form   me thats more important than the item itself

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

I dont only give a rating on the items themselves. but actually mostiy the support behind the item
cause form   me thats more important than the item itself

It doesn't matter what's more important to you. You are supposed to review a product on it's textures, functionality and so on. Costumer support can be a side note but it should never overshadow the product you are rating to the point where you are reviewing the stores costumer support instead of your purchase.

If you give reviews solely about a stores costumer support instead of rating the product you purchased your review can be flagged, reviewed and deleted by LL and you may be punished.

Always keep in mind 99% of store owners do this as a hobby, they're not professionals and most often than not have no background in costumer service. Do not apply RL standards to SL stores.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

It doesn't matter what's more important to you. You are supposed to review a product on it's textures, functionality and so on. Costumer support can be a side note but it should never overshadow the product you are rating to the point where you are reviewing the stores costumer support instead of your purchase.

If you give reviews solely about a stores costumer support instead of rating the product you purchased your review can be flagged, reviewed and deleted by LL and you may be punished.

Always keep in mind 99% of store owners do this as a hobby, they're not professionals and most often than not have no background in costumer service. Do not apply RL standards to SL stores.

they want me to rate the product.

lets say i would  rate the   it 5 stars cause its cool.
but it comes without instructins.
then i rate it lowerr.
and if a shopkeeper blocks me from contacting them..
That makes that item usless for me.

it means that if there is ever an issue with it i cant IM them and ask them for support.. 
so why should i keep it seperate?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

It doesn't matter what's more important to you. You are supposed to review a product on it's textures, functionality and so on.

um, it kinda does Syn. maybe it's just your choice of words i'm reacting to, but if someone gave me a tool to publicly record my opinion of a product i'm sure my personal interactions with the designer are going to thumb the scales. wholly, or in part, if the exchange left you wanting, that will factor into your rating. the marketplace is a medium for feedback. if the designer treats you like a nameless faceless generic consumer who has no power over their impersonal royal dismissals they would do well to take into account SL was built for interpersonal communications. good or bad.

people are going to speak their mind. until, perhaps, like RL, the Lab can reign in all speech or label anything they judge human as a terrorist/racist/hateful thing. or not. ya just can't corral humans with damned rules expecting we don't all feel the rising affect of limiting our freedom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SnowWolf Weizhen said:

they want me to rate the product.

lets say i would  rate the   it 5 stars cause its cool.
but it comes without instructins.
then i rate it lowerr.
and if a shopkeeper blocks me from contacting them..
That makes that item usless for me.

it means that if there is ever an issue with it i cant IM them and ask them for support.. 
so why should i keep it seperate?

Because you are rating the product, not the merchant. Taking off a star for bad costumer service and mentioning such in your review to let others know should be enough, you however talked about leaving 1 star reviews regardless if the product is perfect or not simply because you don't like the costumer service.

Again I would like to remind you, 99% of store owners in SL are not professional, they're people just like you who have fun playing shop and hope they make a few Lindens with it. At the end of the day they don't owe you jack, especially in the case you brought up here as you weren't a costumer, just someone interested. They don't have to kiss up to you like sales people in real life do.

What I think happened here though is that both you -and- the merchant are great people but a language barrier created a misunderstanding.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, EnCore Mayne said:

um, it kinda does Syn. maybe it's just your choice of words i'm reacting to, but if someone gave me a tool to publicly record my opinion of a product i'm sure my personal interactions with the designer are going to thumb the scales. wholly, or in part, if the exchange left you wanting, that will factor into your rating. the marketplace is a medium for feedback. if the designer treats you like a nameless faceless generic consumer who has no power over their impersonal royal dismissals they would do well to take into account SL was built for interpersonal communications. good or bad.

people are going to speak their mind. until, perhaps, like RL, the Lab can reign in all speech or label anything they judge human as a terrorist/racist/hateful thing. or not. ya just can't corral humans with damned rules expecting we don't all feel the rising affect of limiting our freedom.

You obviously didn't read past the sentence you quoted.

I said: " It doesn't matter what's more important to you. You are supposed to review a product on it's textures, functionality and so on. Costumer support can be a side note but it should never overshadow the product you are rating to the point where you are reviewing the stores costumer support instead of your purchase."

So you are agreeing with me while trying not to, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.