A Hud For Attaching Items

sarahann615

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing, or there even could be but...

I was thinking, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a hud with like slots in it, and in this hud I could put some items that I want to have really quick to get to, like my mesh body hud, or my face expressions hud, and other things like that I want to be able to open quick any time. Then, I could click on the item in the slot and it would attach it to me.

Is there anything out there like that? Idk maybe it is something built right into SL and I don't even know it yet lol, I'm still kind of new. I did try searching.

You can use your inventory for that. Create a folder and paste in links to all the items you want quick access to, and keep a little inventory window open all the time. I have a root folder called "ACTIVITIES" and sub-folders for "dancing", "boating", etc. with links to all the stuff I regularly need for those activities.

Or you can include links to HUDs etc. in your outfits, so that whenever you wear a particular outfit, the HUDs will attach as well.

Edited by angeoco
expand

16 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Google docs does everything that 699L purchase does and more. Also good luck using that for any inventory of more than 1k items. You have to manually upload a photo for every single piece of clothing. Oh and you have to pay 10L for each upload, so for anyone with a huge inventory like me, we have to pay like 10k in upload costs lmao. Calling it primitive and backwards is an understatement.

5 hours ago, Suki Hirano said:

Oh and you have to pay 10L for each upload, so for anyone with a huge inventory like me, we have to pay like 10k in upload costs lmao. 

Not sure you have used this if you say that, you don't upload snapshots to your inventory, there is no $10 charge.

Also good luck using that for any inventory of more than 1k items

Again, not sure you have used this. It has no limitation on inventory size. However I doubt the OP has that many huds to organise.

Google docs does everything that 699L purchase does and more.

Google docs can't attach a hud to your screen, which is what the OP was after.

Edit, Suki, let me repeat what the OP asked for:

On 04/01/2018 at 10:35 AM, sarahann615 said:

in this hud I could put some items that I want to have really quick to get to, like my mesh body hud, or my face expressions hud, and other things like that I want to be able to open quick any time. Then, I could click on the item in the slot and it would attach it to me.

They are not asking to organise all their clothes and outfits, which frankly the hud I link to isnt ideal for, but they are looking for a quick way to locate and find things like body huds and expression huds.

The wardrobe hud is actaully a good use case for that. ( one could of course also use  collar scripts )

Edited by Callum Meriman

I've used the Wardrobe thing and for me, it's a pig in a poke.

Actual answer for the OP: Mesh Outfitter HUD - easy to set up and use:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EF-3-Mesh-Outfitter/9924463

As for the photos option: it's just that: optional. I don't use that myself, so the argument of 10L per picture is a moot one, just FYI. Grab the demo and try it out. Way easier and faster to setup than Wardrobe (which is great if you have like 15K clothing items in your inventory) and it's a lot newer, too. 

Edited by Qa Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.