dezdamona11

Blacklisted from my Collar

Question

Hello everyone, i had a relationship with someone and made him as my owner in my collar. Then he blacklisted me from my own collar and locked it. Now we broke up and we don't talk. I want to move on and have new relationships but i am not sure how to unlock it or runaway because i am blacklisted i cant even touch it. Please help me, the collar is OpenCollar 8Cuffs Collar V2

6 answers to this question

Assuming you are using Firestorm or Singularity, go into preferences and turn RLV off, then relog. This will allow you to override the lock and you can remove the collar (right click>detach). If you purchased the collar yourself, it's never a bad idea to name yourself an owner, for this particular reason.

• Like 4

Often you can login with a non-RLV viewer, like the Linden viewer. It is then possible to reset the scripts. 

You can join the group Fire Flower. Wendy Starfall works on Open Collar and is usually participating in the group during SL A.M. She is the authority on OC.

The way you write the 'model' name I am unsure what version we are dealing with. There is a new OC version out 6.7. Rez'ing the collar with a non-RLV viewer and applying an update may clear the problem.

• Like 2

Assuming you've not been locked out from editing, the easiest way is, as Nalates says, reset the collar.

Right click it and choose edit, then on the build menu, scripts and reset scripts. You will then be owner again and you will be able to unlock the collar. Your Ex will get no notification on this. They won't know what's happened.

If the collar is no-mod then you can't reset and the correct action is to do what Jerilyn says, your ex will be notified you have logged in without RLV so he will know what you are doing, this may cause grief, so muting them first might be an option.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, dezdamona11 said:

Hello everyone, i had a relationship with someone and made him as my owner in my collar. Then he blacklisted me from my own collar and locked it. Now we broke up and we don't talk. I want to move on and have new relationships but i am not sure how to unlock it or runaway because i am blacklisted i cant even touch it. Please help me, the collar is OpenCollar 8Cuffs Collar V2

Standard way is to use the collar command "RED" all in caps, on any channel the collar listens to, or simply log in without /RLV/RLVa enabled and edit the collar and reset all scripts.

I'm OpenCollar everywhere else than in those old groups.

That's easy to see if you visit the official homepage www.opencollar.at

The groups were taken by former members via an undocumented loophole that allows the founder of a group to reset the group owners, which is not possible within normal features in the SL viewer. There is a JIRA issue about it, but I don't have the url handy at the moment.

There was no discussion whatsoever about this, and everyone of the former team was silenced and ejected. I've wrote some about this at opencollar.at/blog

This "OC version 7" is not acknowledged as an actual "OpenCollar branded product" by any of the people who created and maintained OpenCollar during the last six years.

I hope this clarifies things for those who asked me in-world ♥

In response to the original poster:

This kind of behavior is prevented in my distribution of OpenCollar.

You are always able to do these things:

1. Use the safeword

2. Run away via Access menu

If you cannot access the menu at all, you have to use the chat command, and if you are RLV blocked, you can either use OOC brackets ((like so)) or your channel.

To learn about your channel, type: *info

..and if literally nothing happened, try to install my update. There are nice collar and cuffs sets available that use modern versions of OpenCollar, the most recent version is called "Peanut!". There is a nice collar and cuff set by Romka Swallowtail, available for L$10 on the Marketplace.

• Like 1