Inventory Issue

bustybabe91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I lost the parcel I was renting in 12/2017 and the realtor auto-returned my items back to my inventory but I'm still missing a huge chunk of items and cannot locate them anywhere.  I tried to find my status board that was no copy and ended up finding an empty folder instead.  I searched online to no avail and saw that other people had a similar issue and reset their cache data to resolve the problem but when I did, it seemed I still had the same items as before (30k) and I still have empty folders.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently using Windows 10 and I switch between using the regular SecondLife client in addition to the Firestorm client.  I've found with Firestorm you can search your inventory easier.

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, bustybabe91 said:

I lost the parcel I was renting in 12/2017 and the realtor auto-returned my items back to my inventory but I'm still missing a huge chunk of items and cannot locate them anywhere.  I tried to find my status board that was no copy and ended up finding an empty folder instead.  I searched online to no avail and saw that other people had a similar issue and reset their cache data to resolve the problem but when I did, it seemed I still had the same items as before (30k) and I still have empty folders.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently using Windows 10 and I switch between using the regular SecondLife client in addition to the Firestorm client.  I've found with Firestorm you can search your inventory easier.

Have you tried your lost and found folder?  This is the first location returned items go, often linked together in what looks like a little clump of boxes.  You will need to rez this out to find what items were bunched together.  I am sure someone will be along to explain that much more technically than I can :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cindy is spot on.  When someone returns your objects, they come back as a "coalesced object" in your Lost and Found folder.  The coalesced object has the inventory symbol of a little pile of boxes, and it may carry the name of any one of the objects within it.  Find a nice big open place where you can rez (the middle of a sandbox is good).  Open the Edit window (important!).  Drag the coalesced object out onto the ground.  All your objects should appear in the same relative positions they were last in.  (It may be helpful to create a platform, raise it up into the air, and rez the coalesced object on it.  This will keep things from being rezzed under ground.)  

Since you had your Edit window open before you rezzed it, all your things should now be selected and you can move them as a group.

Right click and Delete any items that you already have a copy of.  Take the No Copy ones back into your inventory.

By the way, do not clear cache for this sort of problem.  It will do you no good at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Have you tried your lost and found folder?  This is the first location returned items go, often linked together in what looks like a little clump of boxes.  You will need to rez this out to find what items were bunched together.  I am sure someone will be along to explain that much more technically than I can :)

Who would have thought.  Wow, I feel like a dummy.  I just assumed that the little clump of boxes meant that the item that was returned to my inventory in my lost and found folder was broken, but after rezzing a few of those clumped boxes in the sky, I found just about everything that was missing from my inventory originally.  So glad that these items were not lost, many of them were very valuable and a few of them were irreplaceable.  Huge thank you to you both for saving the day!!!

Edited by bustybabe91
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bustybabe91 said:

Who would have thought.  Wow, I feel like a dummy.  I just assumed that the little clump of boxes meant that the item that was returned to my inventory in my lost and found folder was broken, but after rezzing a few of those clumped boxes in the sky, I found just about everything that was missing from my inventory originally.  So glad that these items were not lost, many of them were very valuable and a few of them were irreplaceable.  Huge thank you to you both for saving the day!!!

I am glad you found them.  Sometimes it doesn't always work and inventory does disappear into the abyss  :D

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.