Griefer Text

Glad Gaffer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Your friend could try teleporting to another region.   That should shift it.    It's probably an invisible follower prim that floats just above your friend's head, displaying the text, but it won't be able to follow if your friend teleports to a different region.

It should delete itself when it can't find your friend any more.  If it does seem to be sticking around when your friend returns to the affected region (if she or he wants to) then contact the parcel owner to get the object returned or, if it's a sandbox, simply leave the region and wait for the sandbox auto-return to deal with it in an hour or so.

The first thing I would do is, talk to the sim owner or someone in the land group undertaking a security role. If there is no one around to take it up with the griefer then TP away and see if it comes back when they return. It may be that the best solution is to just go somewhere else.

Edit Innula posted simultaneously with me and provided more detail.

Edited by Aethelwine

There is a hud in marketplace  to put  on people's head whatever you want,when the victim teleport to another sim the sign  is gone.Not even the owner of the sim is able to find the source, so,  go to another sim, or  stay and cry . Linden Lab allow the selling of that type of item and other terrible ones,so nothing you can do about it ¬¬

Edited by onix Velde

3 hours ago, onix Velde said:

There is a hud in marketplace  to put  on people's head whatever you want,when the victim teleport to another sim the sign  is gone.Not even the owner of the sim is able to find the source

Ignoring the 7 month necro *with* false information... It's pretty trivial to find who did it.

It's just a basic follower object, so you only need to locate the prim and inspect it. You can locate the prim by flying up into the sky (so nothing is around you inside 96 meters or so), then using area search (under world in Firestorm) to look for anything close by that isn't owned by you.

When you see the object in area search, right click, use inspect, get the owner and AR for harrasment.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Ignoring the 7 month necro *with* false information... It's pretty trivial to find who did it.

It's just a basic follower object, so you only need to locate the prim and inspect it. You can locate the prim by flying up into the sky (so nothing is around you inside 96 meters or so), then using area search (under world in Firestorm) to look for anything close by that isn't owned by you.

When you see the object in area search, right click, use inspect, get the owner and AR for harrasment.

I'm  thinking the bar for crying "harassment" is so low it got buried  1 foot underground.

You: hi there

Them: I didn't say you could talk to me, you are harassing me, i'm gonna AR you right now and oh by the way, one of my best friends is a Linden, so I'm gonna see if he can just ban your account while he's at it.

15 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

If you are at a location that doesn't allow public rezzing, like an infohub, this is probably a titler that someone wears on Avatar Center while the child prims move the target's location(s) and display hover text.

It is typically only used by sitting agents else they give away who is using it if they move around.

I would recommend using Firestorm's Area Search, unchecking Attachment, Physical, Temporary & Child under "Exclude objects"
while checking Attachment under "Only list objects that are:" and clicking Apply.

In the list of objects, sort by distance and look for any objects within 0 or 1 meters distance that are owned by anyone other than you.

You can then try moving away from this owner and if the hover text remains and the object distance remains the same, this is probably the object in question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2106 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.