Should commercial ventures and estates in SL be allowed to discriminate?

Hunter Stern

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Nalytha said:

I think Billi has set a record for possibly offending the most people in one thread: liberals, gays, minorities, jews... did I miss anyone? This thread is long. 

CIS-furry-Wiccans? Its ok, I can wait. Patience is a virtue  tried and tested advantage statistically.

4 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:
10 hours ago, Nalytha said:

I think Billi has set a record for possibly offending the most people in one thread: liberals, gays, minorities, jews... did I miss anyone? This thread is long. 

CIS-furry-Wiccans? Its ok, I can wait. Patience is a virtue  tried and tested advantage statistically.

Being a cis-gay-furry-Hindu-Christian, I personally ADORE cis-furry-Wiccans!!!:x

Someone once said to me,We are all the universe checking our self out from different perspectives..

Made very much sense to me and gave me a much better perspective of everything..

It's kind of a nice feeling knowing I am the universe along with everyone and everything else.:D

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Being a cis-gay-furry-Hindu-Christian, I personally ADORE cis-furry-Wiccans!!!:x

You guys sound all kinds of fun. :x

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Snugs McMasters said:
38 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's kind of a nice feeling knowing I am the universe along with everyone and everything else.:D

Almost everyone else. I could do without Maddy.

Wow I just had major awarenesses from that...maybe I don't even need to meditate today :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

First you make it sound like you were there as an ally, and now you were just loitering and a few of the black women took offence at your present.

They were 100% correct in telling you to leave.

I brought up this experience from a meeting for songwriters at a women's festival to illustrate a unique learning experience for me -- being excluded as a white person by blacks. The issue was never whether it was okay for them to exclude me (until you brought it up).
I never made it sound like I was "an ally" (I was simply attending a class on songwriting), nor was I "loitering" without purpose (as I was talking to 2 black women about the songwriting class as the class was ending and another class/meeting beginning.

But...it's an interesting topic....were they 100% right in asking me to leave?  I'd say they were, but we probably differ on the reasons. Oppressed groups need to bond together and receive support for each other in order to combat the destructive forces of discrimination. A white person among them would disturb the solidarity. So when they ask a white person to leave it's fine by me.

I'm kind of surprised you didn't see this as blacks discriminating against whites. You didn't because you thought I was pretending to be an ally or loitering?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I’m kind of surprised you didn't see this as blacks discriminating against whites. You didn't because you thought I was pretending to be an ally or loitering?

Thought I saw that, or it was implied. How exciting, another opportunity for dialogue!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
20 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I agree it should be evaluated carefully, but that pendulum has a long way to swing to equal what minorities have suffered, given the way we've treated blacks, gays, the disabled, and other minorities through the ages in this country and around the world.

Though I love spirituality, I hate religion, and especially any religion that says other human beings are trash and should be denied rights (you know, like the cake-denying person does, and the official trying to deny gays a marriage license).

I'm curious.. do you think whites are the only race to have abused "others"? 

Or are all races guilty of racism and abusing people that are different?

All races can be guilty of discrimination and racism. As whites though we are a majority and have more power and can therefor do more damage. A majority or group with more power can slant situations their way much more easily, and this has been the case in the US since its beginning.
Unfortunately many whites don't recognize their power...their privilege...nor do they recognize the disadvantages of minorities. I think if many could be aware of it they would not minimize minority complaints by calling it "PC".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Ever wondered why the descriptions in Scripture of which parts of a sacrificed ox, that you burn as offerings to the skydaddy, are the bits nobody wants to eat....

I probably go through periods of thinking too much, but I have to say I have never thought of this....;0

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Klytyna said:
17 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think religions and movements start out as way to make sense of the world and one's place in it, and often have a spark in the beginning (a new way of seeing something, more alive, a better or more loving way that's beneficial to many)

You obviously haven't looked too deeply at the origins of religions. They are seldom new ways of looking at anything, and 'loving' is hardly a word to use of most of them, and in 5 decades, I've still never seen anything beneficial about any of them, unless you happen to be an official member of the cults clergy, when you are usually good for free meals for life.

What about the very beginnings of Christianity?

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I probably go through periods of thinking too much, but I have to say I have never thought of this....;0

They probably shouldn't have said the parts that nobody wants,because I guarantee I'll know someone that will like whatever those parts are..xD

Especially If they are talking jibbleys, I know someone that will woof those down like milk duds..

Every time we take a bull in someone will ask to save those for them..The heart  the head..Name it and someone has a craving for it or a use..

hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They probably shouldn't have said the parts that nobody wants,because I guarantee I'll know someone that will like whatever those parts are..xD

Especially If they are talking jibbleys, I know someone that will woof those down like milk duds..

Every time we take a bull in someone will ask to save those for them..The heart  the head..Name it and someone has a craving for it or a use..

hehehehe

I've told this story before, but during a Xmas visit to friends up north, I encountered a severed deer leg on their "Merry Christmas" Santa welcome mat. I let myself inside (I know where they hide the key) and waited for them to come home from visiting their in-laws across the creek. Arrive they did, absent their dog, who was out scouting the woods. Moments after we'd settled at the dinette table, I could see the dog bounding over the creek bridge with something in her mouth. It was the severed head of a deer. She plopped down in the snow just outside the dinette window and proceeded to chew away on her treat.

Ain't life grand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've told this story before, but during a Xmas visit to friends up north, I encountered a severed deer leg on their "Merry Christmas" Santa welcome mat. I let myself inside (I know where they hide the key) and waited for them to come home from visiting their in-laws across the creek. Arrive they did, absent their dog, who was out scouting the woods. Moments after we'd settled at the dinette table, I could see the dog bounding over the creek bridge with something in her mouth. It was the severed head of a deer. She plopped down in the snow just outside the dinette window and proceeded to chew away on her treat.

Ain't life grand?

What happened to the severed deer leg?

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ain't life grand?

We have a few Mastiff and Danes all in the 200+ pound..I would share some of the wild stories of things they've brought up on the porch,But I just can't.. hehehehe

It just amazes me how strong they are..

There is one that I can share though that is not about what they brought home but does show how strong they can be..

My uncle was wooshing some hogs back into the pen with our dog Jed..He's not around anymore..But when he was in his prime,he was 250 pounds of strength..

My uncle said when they were wooshing them back,this one hog made a loud grunt that sure must have pissed Jed off..

He said Jed grabbed that hog by the ear and flipped him on his back ..He said that hog didn't make another sound and went right in that pen when he got up..

He didn't want no more of Jed..hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1973 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.