body skins etc

laceymichelle2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

so idk why but im not loving my avis look she is pretty but then i see some other avi thats way prettier and i just dont know why i dont like it are there any skins or shapes yall use that you like or do you see something i could change? my butt may be too big its the face that is most bothersome..

I find brows make or break a look, so maybe find a skin that has a different type of brow shape/color? Something that isnt so thick at the front. I also find hair color makes a massive difference, especially with blonde. The shade of blonde may not suit your skin tone and may wash you out. In contrast youre wearing a dark eyebrow, the difference is quite stark so maybe thats whats causing you to be unsatisfied? (even a hairbase can change your look). Or change the hairstyle all together.

You can also knock down the eyeshadow intensity a bit so that it doesnt look as heavy (unless thats what youre going for!).

Or it might just be the lighting youre in! Some lighting may wash me out and so I look like crap, while others dont. 

Do you really like to use the face animations all the time? Maybe just a few subtle ones?

You wear the Catwa head, the most common one? It has a bit of a long nose.

People has created lots of shapes for Catwa heads. Try the Marketplace, type in the name of the head you are wearing, like Catwa Catya. Then filter for Avatar Components --> Shapes. Browse there and see if you like some of the shapes. Pick only shapes with demos, they can look very different from the ads so test them first. Remember that the shapes will look totally different with the skin they used. This information will only come with the full priced shape. Make sure it says style card included. Also look at the reviews before you buy. Sometimes a skin is discontinued and you can't buy it. If there are new reviews that are satisfied, then you should be safe.

What is most important is to get the face right. If the body looks wrong, then you can change it yourself. Wear a body shape you like - never mind the face. Go to edit appearance and note down the body numbers. Then wear the shape with the face you like, and change the body yourself. This is much easier to do, because the face has so many small adjustments.

Kay, the first thing I would do is play around with the windlights. It looks like the one you have is very, very bright. And you're wearing a very, very pale skin. It makes you look a little washed out, even with the pink hair (which is a nice touch I think!). I would adjust the windlight so that you get some contrast.

Pumec also makes very nice skins!

Edited by janetosilio

2 hours ago, laceymichelle2 said:

messed around with bunch of stuff, im not quite sure how i feel xD

It's an evolutionary process, and may take awhile before you're completely satisfied (and even then at some point you may decide to change things again).  Make a few little changes, give it a little bit of time to see how they end up feeling for you, then decide if you want to keep those changes or try something else...    You can save iterations of your shape changes with different names, so that you can go back to an earlier version if something you try feels really messed up.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janetosilio said:

And you're wearing a very, very pale skin

If you count that fairly standard medium light caucasian skin as "very very pale", you need to go skin shopping more often, preferably in places with a wider selection.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

If you count that fairly standard medium light caucasian skin as "very very pale", you need to go skin shopping more often, preferably in places with a wider selection.

She’s practically glowing which is why I asked was she using a brighter windlight. 

But troll on, still love ya.

20 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

She’s practically glowing which is why I asked was she using a brighter windlight.

But troll on, still love ya.

I am SOOOO tempted to report you for the 'troll' accusation because I dared to disagree with your ill informed opinion, but it's NYE, so I won't.

However I DO suggest you stop going to those skin stores that only sell "Beach Bimbo Tan" skins, and actually look around and find out what "very very pale" actually means. Make it your first New Year's Resolution.

• Like 1

Just now, Klytyna said:

I am SOOOO tempted to report you for the 'troll' accusation because I dared to disagree with your ill informed opinion, but it's NYE, so I won't.

However I DO suggest you stop going to those skin stores that only sell "Beach Bimbo Tan" skins, and actually look around and find out what "very very pale" actually means. Make it your first New Year's Resolution.

Thanks.

Also, i don't wear either of them so, I'm good. Happy New years to you too!

Do not see anything wrong. For my personal taste I do not really like very large breasts and the big lips small mouth thing, but that is just that, personal taste. See it a lot so people obviously like it ;)

But specially the latter version with the short hair you look very nice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.