Horrible support from Linden.

DrElvisHChrist0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchased an item from MP intended as a gift.  During the process something went wrong and the (no xfer) item was delivered to my inventory.   I contacted the seller but received no reply.  I also put in a request with Linden Support to try to correct this.   That was 5 days ago and so far there has been no reply!

A couple days ago I filed a complaint with the BBB against Linden.  This is not the first time I've had to escalate things to the BBB to get Linden to take notice. 

Their support is just plain awful when it comes to fixing problems or tackling abuse, however they seem awfully quick to resolve tickets that involve bringing them revenue such as requests to purchase Mainland.  

Why do we bother with premium accounts at all if there's still no support?    If not for a club a have on mainland, I'd cancel my account and never purchase another linden.

20 answers to this question

3 hours ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

I recently purchased an item from MP intended as a gift.  During the process something went wrong and the (no xfer) item was delivered to my inventory.   I contacted the seller but received no reply.  I also put in a request with Linden Support to try to correct this.   That was 5 days ago and so far there has been no reply!

A couple days ago I filed a complaint with the BBB against Linden.  This is not the first time I've had to escalate things to the BBB to get Linden to take notice. 

Their support is just plain awful when it comes to fixing problems or tackling abuse, however they seem awfully quick to resolve tickets that involve bringing them revenue such as requests to purchase Mainland.  

Why do we bother with premium accounts at all if there's still no support?    If not for a club a have on mainland, I'd cancel my account and never purchase another linden.

When you set up the gift (entered the name, etc.) did you use Buy Now or do the purchase using the Cart? If you used Buy Now you bought yourself a copy. When you do a gift you have to do the purchase through the Cart ... that's where Marketplace puts it.

As for the BBB: I've got some squirrels living in my back yard. I can tell them about your problem and it'll be just as useful as telling the BBB.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
couldn't resist
  • Like 4

Check you MP order history (click your name at the top of the MP window, then on the left side click 'Order history').  Find the order in question and it should clearly indicate that the item was purchased as a gift and the name of the person you typed into the gift window.  The sections outlined in red in the below picture is what it should look like.  If it does not indicate a gift, then there is no way to prove that you truly did intend to send it to someone else - unless you took screen shots during the purchase process.  Since the item is No Transfer, you cannot even give your copy of it back to the creator.  Thus, you are totally at the mercy of the creator and if you badger them, any goodwill they might be feeling will likely go away. 

Side note:  If you cannot prove that you did properly enter all of the info needed to send it as a gift, then there is also nothing that LL can or will do for you.  Threatening them with the BBB just shows ignorance and malice.

pic3.jpg.c941959305b5295e83537559c2e9d8e4.jpg

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Firstly in the last 5 days it has been a holiday period both for LL and for the person you purchased from.  Just have a little patience until everyone is back to normal after the holidays.  Does your marketplace account history say the item was purchased as a gift?  If so was the exact correct residents name given as the recipient of the gift?  Does the merchant's inworld profile have any details about their support system eg a manager, use notecards not IM or vice versa?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Why do we bother with premium accounts at all if there's still no support?  

It makes no difference whether your account is Premium or Basic when you need support for a Marketplace concern. All accounts have equal access to support for Marketplace issues. As Cindy says, wait until after the holidays, when people are back in town.

13 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

whats BBB?

"Better Business Butthurts" - Some toothless organisation designed to convince citizens of the United Rebel Colonies that they actually have consumer rights like Europeans, without actually having to pass any anti-business legislation... ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Klytyna said:

"Better Business Butthurts" - Some toothless organisation designed to convince citizens of the United Rebel Colonies that they actually have consumer rights like Europeans, without actually having to pass any anti-business legislation... ;) 

oh my gosh... for a 50 dollarcent transaction on MP??? ¬¬

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

whats BBB?

Better Business Bureau.  It is mostly worthless, though if a business has a horrid rating on BBB then they probably really are scummy because it actually takes a whole lot of complaints against a business for the BBB to rate them bad.  On the flip side, a good rating doesn't mean much since every business is pretty much consider good until proven otherwise - i.e. by getting tons and tons of consumer complaints.

ETA:  The BBB actually exists in the US, Canada, and Mexico.  It has no actual power to do anything other than rate a business good or bad and publish consumer comments about them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The BBB actually exists in the US, Canada, and Mexico.  It has no actual power to do anything other than rate a business good or bad and publish consumer comments about them.

And, in fact, most people never see a BBB report and wouldn't know where to look for one if they wanted it. It's a pretty invisible organization.

6 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Any business that cares about its reputation will at least try to keep their BBB rating high.

hope you realize the majority of SL users have no clue where you'r talking about?.... we have nothing withh BBB nor will ever look at it.

And most of us are more or less happy with the support of LL, but also must say most of use do click the right buttons when buying something at MP, or at least don't try to put that mistake on LL.

Even in europe, where we DO have serious customer protection by law... 5 days is totally acceptable, with holdidays in even more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

And no, people.  Five days is not acceptable, holidays or not.  This isn't the first time I've had to escalate to the BBB and last time I actually did get back the cost of my membership, property, wasted tiers and other expenses incurred for service that I wasn't getting.  This has proven to be a systematic failure by Linden to support customers.

I am going to suggest you read some of the replies again especially the two voted up as best answers from Parhelion and LittleMe   

We have seen your issue before and 99 times out 100 it is because you added the residents name for gifting and instead of adding to the cart, you then pressed buy now and didn't double check the order before checkout.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Nice to see this is like every other forum on the internet where people have to interject opinions that are irrelevant to the issue and 100% unhelpful.

Au contraire cher, some have posted useful information here.

Did you check your transaction file at the dashboard and confirm the mistake? If you failed to send the gift properly and it ended up in your inventory, that is on you, not LL or the seller. The BBB would have no jurisdiction over this. You waited a whole five days DURING A HOLIDAY PERIOD to find satisfaction, only to not get the answer you desire. People work on schedules maintained by their employer, not on YOUR schedule.

I ask again, did you check your dashboard, in transactions showing who the gift was sent to? If you failed to double check during the order that the gift was/is going to the intended benefactor, then I suggest you pull up your big boy pants and simply reorder it and make TRIPLE SURE it will go to where it is intended, or will you need someone to hold your hand while doing that?

Problem solved.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Nice to see this is like every other forum on the internet where people have to interject opinions that are irrelevant to the issue and 100% unhelpful.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/416122-entitled-people-think-instructions-are-unfair/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

That was 5 days ago and so far there has been no reply!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too. May this holiday season allow you time to spend with your family and share the good things in the world. :)

Or did you forgo your family and worked through the festive season in real life?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Glad you like it, Doc.  Because it's the very best help you're likely to get.  WAY better than the BBB, for sure.

16 hours ago, DrElvisHChrist0 said:

Nice to see this is like every other forum on the internet where people who are 100% unhelpable have to interject opinions that are irrelevant to the issue.

It's all a matter of perspective.

3 hours ago, Klytyna said:

I use the BBB a lot to keep businesses inline.  It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it does often get notice, usually beyond the powerless nonanglophone first-level phone drones trained to do nothing but blow smoke up your butt rather than providing a quick and efficient solution.  Any business that cares about its reputation will at least try to keep their BBB rating high.

And no, people.  Five days is not acceptable, holidays or not.  This isn't the first time I've had to escalate to the BBB and last time I actually did get back the cost of my membership, property, wasted tiers and other expenses incurred for service that I wasn't getting.  This has proven to be a systematic failure by Linden to support customers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.