Starting a new dance Club? You should read this.

CougEr Vultee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 03/03/2018 at 3:25 AM, Callum Meriman said:

As a landlord and club owner - that's a particular bugbear of mine. If you regularly have 12 people in the region you are using 25% of the region's resources. You should be renting 25% of the region to cover that.

Actually I do (well not quite 25%, but not far off); the rest of the rental is my home, and another venue that I've not decided what I want to do with it yet.  There are no other businesses in the region aside from my landlady's rental office, and 75% of the land that's not mine is empty.

So I'm pretty sure that I'm not interfering with anyone else's use of the resources.

• Like 2

On 30/12/2017 at 6:34 AM, Klytyna said:

Most things really... Especially chocolate.

You have an inaccurate opinion of what "most people do"

Ah so you DON'T have 10 years experience, just 5 years sort of spaced out a bit...

Generally, premesh avatars from 10 years ago, covered in flexy prims and bling scripts tend to have higher rci scores than mesh avatars... Sorry but the "clueless perma noob fossil mesh hating tech-illiterate neanderthals of SL"  card wont play here.

Entitled much? They banned you... Move on, like a grown-up

DJ's... I remember when DJ's KNEW THEIR PLACE...

A DJ is there to take requests, play records, and... change the record at the end of the song... THAT'S IT. 

DJ's are NOT artistes, they barely count as 'celebrities', and that's only when they work on a popular radio station with widespread broadcasting.

You blather about 10 years experience, then admit you spent 5 of those years elsewhere, and then make comments about mesh that show you learned naff all in the 5 years you DID spend in SL.

You also include some utterly pointless rant about all the dance clubs you are banned from, as if we give a rats backside about your DJ-Ego drama wars.

And finally... Learn to use paragraph breaks...

OH MY  GAWD! What an attitude.. This is the typical trolls I have seen so much in SL and frankly I want to stay away from. Not only you are ranting about things you haven't got a clue,  but you also lack knowledge and you assume a hell of a lot..  You have no idea who you are debating with. You know nothing about my experience but seam to have a great time commenting negativelly about anything I wrote. Your comments on this are as helpfull as a can of camel escrements in a desert full of  flyes.  Thank you, how ever for coming out in the open and showing everyone the kind of person you are.  And change your name! You are no cynical,  just polemic and very much an ignorant, arrogant, useless person. I hope the sentances are short enough for you, who clearly doesnt read and is unaware of any text other than SL senseless chat. 

• Haha 3

On 3/10/2018 at 7:45 PM, CougEr Vultee said:

OH MY  GAWD! What an attitude.. This is the typical trolls I have seen so much in SL and frankly I want to stay away from. Not only you are ranting about things you haven't got a clue,  but you also lack knowledge and you assume a hell of a lot..  You have no idea who you are debating with. You know nothing about my experience but seam to have a great time commenting negativelly about anything I wrote. Your comments on this are as helpfull as a can of camel escrements in a desert full of  flyes.  Thank you, how ever for coming out in the open and showing everyone the kind of person you are.  And change your name! You are no cynical,  just polemic and very much an ignorant, arrogant, useless person. I hope the sentances are short enough for you, who clearly doesnt read and is unaware of any text other than SL senseless chat. 

You posted this reply THREE MONTHS after Klytyna replied to you???  I guess you're pretty intent on getting in the Last Word, huh?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 12:46 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

2) One event per week, at 2pm on Sundays. And that's it. I host it myself so I don't have to worry about employing hosts. It doesn't interfere with my RL schedule, it doesn't burn me out, and more importantly, it doesn't burn my guests out.  I know they have other places they want to be at other times, but that one slot a week is Club Noir's time.  And for those who do want their swing fix more often, my club has a jukebox with a stream-changer that anyone can use, so they can come and choose a stream and spend some romantic time with their partner or whoever.

4) No gestures, no sploders, no trivia games, no "Best In.." contests, no traffic-bots. Just real, actual, entertaining conversation with real people who love this music as much and I and my DJs do.  We're a friendly bunch and it shows in the complete lack of drama. In 5 years I've banned four people; three because of nudity and one who was stalking one of my DJs.

Like, I do one event per week at my venue, on Mondays with a pair of live performers who are long established in the game.  Like you I also host myself, although one of the performers brings his own host who helps with his groups so he could concentration on singing.

And same thing with sploders, etc.  I don't believe in them as I think they're too gimmicky. We have a lot of good chat while enjoying the performers. As for gestures, some do use the "Applause" one when the performer is done with a song, and maybe a fun one like the old "Fall" one where we make sentences up that include the word, like "hope the performer don't fall off the stage" and others. I also DJ at a club next to mine and same there, many go there for the convo. My club been around for a few years, and the one next to mine is almost 11 years.

I plan to put up dance club, but without DJ. Because why DJ, there is lot of radiostations. It should be witch house club, because I like witch house. My favourites are Mater Suspiria Vision and White Ring. Strobos, lazers and danceball I have already. But DJ......hmm....music just come from haunted castle, in haunted castles dont have DJ-s, music just come or maybe some dead DJ spirit.

On 30/03/2018 at 2:17 AM, Ernesto Perez said:

I plan to put up dance club, but without DJ. Because why DJ, there is lot of radiostations. ...

Hmm, the difficulty I would think is finding a radio station that doesn't have ads, those can be very offputting when you're dancing. That said, one of mine & Madison's favourite jazz clubs (besides our own) works that way; no DJs, no events, just a stream, and yet there's steady traffic there pretty much all the time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.