Starting a new dance Club? You should read this.

CougEr Vultee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I thought I wrote this to  help some people.  But  coming to think of it  you don't need any help.    I can see the  trolls are alive and well,  and  further more if you think a DJ  takes requests and just puts records on,  next time use a jukebox and start your line dancing routine. I'm done here. Have  a wonderful new year and a great SL. ya all.   lmao

Edited by CougEr Vultee
too many

1 hour ago, CougEr Vultee said:

What's more precious than years of experience on SL...?

Most things really... Especially chocolate.

During that time I got into what most people do on SL,  chasing music, dance clubs,  Djs,

You have an inaccurate opinion of what "most people do"

and  gave up on SL  for  mmm.. about 5  years.

Ah so you DON'T have 10 years experience, just 5 years sort of spaced out a bit...

.  The lag on sl has become  unbearable and with the new mesh advent people now walk around with such complex avatar that often you can't even see them

Generally, premesh avatars from 10 years ago, covered in flexy prims and bling scripts tend to have higher rci scores than mesh avatars... Sorry but the "clueless perma noob fossil mesh hating tech-illiterate neanderthals of SL"  card wont play here.

2 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

I challenge the owners of those clubs above mentioned

Entitled much? They banned you... Move on, like a grown-up

DJ's... I remember when DJ's KNEW THEIR PLACE...

A DJ is there to take requests, play records, and... change the record at the end of the song... THAT'S IT. 

DJ's are NOT artistes, they barely count as 'celebrities', and that's only when they work on a popular radio station with widespread broadcasting.

You blather about 10 years experience, then admit you spent 5 of those years elsewhere, and then make comments about mesh that show you learned naff all in the 5 years you DID spend in SL.

You also include some utterly pointless rant about all the dance clubs you are banned from, as if we give a rats backside about your DJ-Ego drama wars.

And finally... Learn to use paragraph breaks...

• Like 9

I actually read this whole thing. I feel like I should get achievement points for this feat.

It blows me away that one person can encounter this much drama on here. 

If I want drama, I’ll volunteer to have dinner with my in laws. I won’t pay over $1,000 every month for it. 

That said, good luck with your clubs. May 2018 be an awesome, drama free, year for you.

Edited by Nalytha
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

I actually read this whole thing. I feel like I should get achievement points for this feat.

I dropped you an a achievement trophy for your effort in deciphering what that wall was trying to convey. I read through part of it and started getting that 100 yard stare in my eyes.

5 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

What's more precious than years of experience on SL...? Well I think I qualify  as a very experienced  Avatar . I've been on sl  for the past 10 years,  on and off..  During that time I got into what most people do on SL,  chasing music, dance clubs,  Djs,  and people directly associated with this scene. Well, I was a DJ both in RL and on the internet...

I had to stop reading to keep my eyes from exploding.

Grammar and paragraphs can and will be your best friend, if given a chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

At least my walls o'text have breathing breaks in them. Egads, you almost killed my TTS. 

Also...you're not very good at sneaky advertising ;)

dont need advertising,  but  TY    this is  getting more and more  absurd. It's really laughable.  paragraph breaks   next  time I'll get my agent to proof read it  before I  post un such a litterate  social network as Second life..  hahahah  

9 minutes ago, CougEr Vultee said:

dont need advertising,  but  TY    this is  getting more and more  absurd. It's really laughable.  paragraph breaks   next  time I'll get my agent to proof read proofread it  before I  post un in such a litterate literate social network as Second life..  hahahah  

FIFY

Grammar, paragraphs and proper spelling. Have your "agent" look into it.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

dont need advertising,  but  TY    this is  getting more and more  absurd. It's really laughable.  paragraph breaks   next  time I'll get my agent to proof read it  before I  post un such a litterate  social network as Second life..  hahahah  

Personally, I pride myself on my ability to be literate, despite vision limitations that would otherwise suggest I shouldn't be so, because it would be far easier to type it all out if I chose to make no effort at all. Excluding minor typos occasionally (which I admit happen when I fail to use the proper tools) I find my usage of the English language to be quite superb, and my vocabulary quite extensive-even when I fail to employ it as often as I should. I find the inability to properly articulate thoughts into coherent sentences quite laughable. I find it even more so when they're thrown together into something that amounts to nothing more than a textual drama-filled temper tantrum about people "being mean", so at least we can agree on one thing. 

Obviously you do need advertising, whether that is advertising for your "clubs", or your need for drama, is up to the reader to decipher, I suppose. I prefer to believe it's a bit of both. You've said nothing to convince me otherwise, not that my opinion alone should hold any amount of importance to you (though, I can clearly see my opinion is far from lonely). 

Best of luck on your next venture, I am sure it will be just smashing after this, lol. :) 

• Like 1

How do you even manage to get banned from so many places? I've been here for over seven years without a solid break and have never been banned anywhere, because I behave like a respectful human being, don't stir up drama and don't go where I don't fit in in the first place.

Especially clubs...I mean come on, in most clubs the majority minds their own business anyway, chatting in IMs and whatever goes on in local chat is very generic and harmless.

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

I'm not an 'agent', but here:

proofread.thumb.png.40130d0b7dd981f45ecd1bdcb5f460c6.png

Pro bono, too, so I've saved you some money!

(By the way, it's never a good sign when your editor's notes have to be approximately eight times longer than the text they're working on.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

ohhh new post now  :)

15 hours ago, CougEr Vultee said:

Well, I thought I wrote this to  help some people.  But  coming to think of it  you don't need any help.    I can see the  trolls are alive and well,  and  further more if you think a DJ  takes requests and just puts records on,  next time use a jukebox and start your line dancing routine. I'm done here. Have  a wonderful new year and a great SL. ya all.   lmao

/me goes look for trolls... guess those were hiding behind the huge wall of txt... and now rann away .

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Haha 2

help.    I can see the  trolls are alive and well,  and  further more if you think a DJ  takes requests and just puts records on,  next time use a jukebox and start your line dancing routine.

The last time I was involved in hiring an SL DJ...

This "Famous Jazz Club DJ" had approached us about working in a "Jazz Venue" we'd just finished building on one parcel on the sim, and which hadn't had a single gig as yet.

He told us he would only work 1 set per week, that being the BEST set on the BEST day, and as a "Famous JaZZ DJ" he expected L$1000 appearance money AND we had to provide the Host, AND if the Host didn't make him L$2000 per set in tips, we had to replace the Host, AND if the Host of the audience which we also had to provide didn't produce the L$2000 in tips, WE had to make good the short fall.

This was on top of what we were offering freelance DJ's, that is a selection of themed venues, with contest boards and shoutcast boards in place with us providing the prize money for the contests, all they had to do was turn up at the time they booked and play, with their own favorite host.

I told the entitled little dogs pizzle that this wasn't 2007 anymore, and that we had no intention of guaranteeing him L$3000 for parking his avatar afk, while his pre-recorded playlist ticked through, and that if he was "available" to work as a brand new venue nobody had ever heard of, on the BEST night of the week, for the BEST set, that told me he didn't have any damn bookings worth bothering with, and could he possibly either climb down off his DJ-Ego high horse, or alternatively, get his entitled ass off our sim before I practiced drop kicks with it...

We didn't hire him... Go figure...

Frankly, a juke box is a better option than MOST "SL DJ's". A juke box plays what the customers want to hear, and does what its told to do without DRAMA.

I can see the  trolls are alive and well,

Failing to agree with your drama infested entitlement crap doesn't make us 'trolls', it's just a natural side effect of having THREE DIGIT IQ SCORES, instead of the TWO DIGIT ones usually associated with 2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome sufferers...

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I swear, I am going to start quoting every new thread post as soon as they are made.  That way I'll have it to refer back to when the OP changes the entire text.

Late comers to the thread can just imagine the biggest wall of text you have ever seen in this forum.  I mean, really, no paragraphs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

When @Tari Landar says it's a wall of text, you have an epic wall of text :)

[eta]
Just to be clear, notice the difference between Tari's verbose and still easy to read paragraphs as compared to and random memory dumps with no breaks.

Yep, I like Tari's long posts, I always read them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Late comers to the thread can just imagine the biggest wall of text you have ever seen in this forum.  I mean, really, no paragraphs. 

I did glance over it last night just before heading to bed, but it was one of the tldr type things that I figured I'd come back to this morning.  The lack of paragraphs and what appeared to be just a lot of rambling is primarily what made me skip the full read last night. 

34 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

When @Tari Landar says it's a wall of text, you have an epic wall of text :)

[eta]
Just to be clear, notice the difference between Tari's verbose and still easy to read paragraphs as compared to and random memory dumps with no breaks.

Haha,  if a wall of text causes me issues, then it's definitely a wall of text with some serious problems :D

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The lack of paragraphs and what appeared to be just a lot of rambling is primarily what made me skip the full read last night.

I did actually read the whole thing... Allow me to summarize for those who missed it...

[Wall of Text OP]

Hi, I'm a 2nd Wave Lastnamer Entitlement Syndrome sufferer, who's spent half of the last 10 years in exile from SL, I know nothing of any real use in the modern SL, I hate mesh, and I'm a record-changer guy in those clubs where people mindlessly jiggle up and down to a 240 bpm "boom boom boom boom" noise.

I've had a crap ton of drama with other DJ's and every damn club in the same genre on the grid, and I'm happy to name and shame and demand they apologise to me publicly for the bans!

PS: I've opened a sim with two really awful clubs on it, here are the names and when we plan to host parties.

PPS: I'm rich and famous and talented and [cartman mode] you must respect mah authority! [/cartman mode] so come at me bros!

[/Wall of Text OP]

Hope that helps everyone arriving late to the party...

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2207 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.