Maturity concern

Elvira Melody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone ! I have a question I would like to get answered!. When I use the in game and website search for peoples profiles , I noticed there is a maturity rating for them as well. I know sims and groups have them but people do too? I am aware of the settings that allow you to view the G/M/A content , but how on earth do you change your maturity rating as a person? I can not find any setting that identified the public that I am a G/M or A....is there anyone who can fill me in on this setting?

I would hazard a guess that it's to do with exactly what you have in your profile. If it contains swearing, or picks to sex clubs etc, it will probably be rated Adult, if not then it will likely be General. I don't usually use the websearch option (I prefer Firestorm's classic search) so I just looked myself up. Apparently I'm G-rated. This amuses me no end :D

49 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Interesting definition of Moderate vs. Adult at that link:

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

All profiles, since they are viewable by anyone on the internet are supposed to have no adult content at all in them.

Important: Content in profiles must be General, and must obey the Terms of Service and Community Standards.

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/profiles-r395/

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added line and link

18 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting definition of Moderate vs. Adult at that link:

Is simple nudity without sex Adult?

Depending on context, nudity may not require an Adult rating. For example all of the following could be rated Moderate:

• A nude beach without sexual activity.
  • Skin vendors showing a nude skin to display the product.
  • Nude art that is not sexual.
  • Strip clubs that do not use adult words in search or host sex furniture.

Depending on the context, exposed genitalia may not be considered Adult. For example:

• Hanging out at a nude beach would be fine.
  • Walking around pants-less on the mainland could be inappropriate.

Non-sexualized depictions of nudity are Moderate NOT Adult.

I love how LL contradicts itself. Non sexual nudity is fine, but on the other hand, walking around nude isn't fine.

*rolls eyes*

Sometimes  I think LL rules are not meant to clarify, but to create confusion

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder if you can define as a town - not just a beach - as "Nude OK, No sexual activity allowed" - like Real Life nude resorts, and get away with being "Moderate"?

On a moderate sim, any land owner can designate any part of his property as nudity permitted. 

I've lost track of how many property owners on moderate sims have told me to cover up because being nude on moderate is against the TOS.

To be honest I think a lot of them know it isn't against TOS to be nude on a moderate sim, they just want to make LL look like the heavy instead of showing themselves to be uptight prudes.

And yes I'm fully aware of "their parcel, their rules" which is why I leave without making a fuss when they say something.

*shrugs* 

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed mature to moderate
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Sometimes  I think LL rules are not meant to clarify, but to create confusion

I remember an occasion when two Linden Clan enforcers turned up at an A-Rated region to review its place in the A-Rated destination guide, and imposed as a condition, the requirement for a 'bylaw' stating that there should be NO nudity of any kind (including topless females) within 20 m of the fixed landing point, on an A-Rated BDSM island estate region.

The region owners agreed, imposed the bylaw, and then totally failed to enforce it once Bruno & Crusher Linden had taken off their brass knuckles, and headed back to "Da Boss" to report another successful "protection racket" intimidation.

They just make stuff up as they go along as part of the general "Low Level Linden" campaign of "Piss down the users backs and tell them it's raining..." *rolls eyes*

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2463 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.