Bones deforming in my Catwa head regardless of shape

RobinLeia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Seemingly out of nowhere, I started to have a problem with my Catwa head becoming deformed. I noticed my eye and eyebrow were skewed on December 25. The day before, I had a bento pet and a Grinch attached to my shoulder. I went to Catwa Friends group, and they suggested the issue might be that one of these had left a hidden animation behind. They offered me numerous suggestions, and I have tried all of them and more. 

To date, this is what I have done: 

Right clicked on my avatar and chose reset and then reset/skeleton and animations

Gone to Avatar, Avatar Health and chosen everything in the menu at least once (stop avatar animations. revoke permissions, undeform avatar, force appearance update

Taken the avatar back to the default female avatar and added everything fresh

Had a new head and animation hud delivered, and worn those

Added a different shape

Added a new body

Taken body parts off one by one, and checked to see if any made a difference. No one body part seemed to make a difference

Gone to developer menu and looked to see what was running. There is an animation running in my left eye, but I do not know what to do to stop it. 

Stopped all active gestures. When i search active in inventory, there are no active gestures. 

This has happened with both Catya and Lona heads, Maitreya body, new out of the box, and different shapes. I know you see earrings in this pic, but I have taken off everything and started fresh, several times. 

When I redo everything, the face will look ok initially, but it will deform again after a time, or if I relog. I have never had anything like this happen before, and have done everything I can think of to fix it. So, I would love it if someone could help me with this.

0beff1d68f1c49116ed9f51211cfd1a5.jpg

Edited by RobinLeia
needed to add something

1 answer to this question

Deformations of mesh heads are only caused by animations, poses, scripts, and shape settings. While it is possible for a mesh to error in download and be deformed it is rare.

So, the script in the eye would be my first suspect. Firestorm will give you information on the script. 

Is the script there when you reset to the Test Female? Hopefully not. So, at what point in your avatar rebuild does it appear? You'll have to add ONE item and check. Do NOT wear an AO during this rebuild. Hopefully you'll find what the script is associated with. It may not be the problem. But, you need to eliminate it or reveal it as the problem.

The only other source of script-animations is your AO's, RLV relays, and collars, Eliminate most of these causes by using the Linden Viewer or disabling RLV in a Third-Party viewer.

That you are OK for a short time after login, suggests a script or animation runs or plays at some point.

Do your testing in a pristine environment. So, a Linden owned region that is empty and deserted. Furball, Pooley, and other regions in the area work. RC Test channel sandboxes are good too. Try BlueSteel Sandbox.

There are more and more Bento animations. Those for facial expression not made for your head can create problems.

There is no magical mystical viewer glitch or server problem to cause this. If there were we would have thousands of people complaining... So, it is just a matter of searching for the script or animation that is causing the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.