Mesh avatar gets deformed

Ada Forwzy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

From time to time I see that my avatar gets kind of deformed like on this pic:

https://gyazo.com/b11880bcb58645b7e0b6b4233d156223

Relogging helps but after I teleport to another place it sometimes comes back (sometimes not - I know, it's weird). 

I use Maitreya Body and Catwa Head

I wonder why it happens and if there is any solution to this.  

I don't want to say it's normal, but it can happen from time to time.  By the way, what you see is not necessarily what everyone else sees.

How is your internet connection?  Do you get slow speeds and packet loss at times or is it fast and reliable?  A lot of SL weirdness can be caused by network connection issues.  Also, do you notice this on other people sometimes or is it always your avatar?

if you are having frequent problems with a good, wired connection and it is only happening to you, then clearing cache is an option but I don't know if it will help.  Cache problems are usually persistent and not intermittent.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes after teleport mesh body and mesh head can deform or have have holes in them. It just happens randomly, cannot do anything about it.

Often what corrects the situation is just to take them off and put back on, no need to re-log. In Firestorm viewer there is also in the menu: "Avatar, Avatar Health, Refresh Attachments" which sometimes corrects the situation. Re-logging and/or clearing the cache would be needed only if the fore mentioned things don't correct the situation.

• Thanks 1

Phew... Those answers actually gave me a relief. I thought it could be something dangerous 9_9

3 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I don't want to say it's normal, but it can happen from time to time.  By the way, what you see is not necessarily what everyone else sees.

How is your internet connection?  Do you get slow speeds and packet loss at times or is it fast and reliable?  A lot of SL weirdness can be caused by network connection issues.  Also, do you notice this on other people sometimes or is it always your avatar?

if you are having frequent problems with a good, wired connection and it is only happening to you, then clearing cache is an option but I don't know if it will help.  Cache problems are usually persistent and not intermittent.

Recently, I did clear cache and even did clear reinstallation of FireStorm. I guess it could be because of internet connection. I saw this only on my avatar though.
Thank you for the answer! 

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Sometimes after teleport mesh body and mesh head can deform or have have holes in them. It just happens randomly, cannot do anything about it.

Often what corrects the situation is just to take them off and put back on, no need to re-log. In Firestorm viewer there is also in the menu: "Avatar, Avatar Health, Refresh Attachments" which sometimes corrects the situation. Re-logging and/or clearing the cache would be needed only if the fore mentioned things don't correct the situation.

Yeah, I guess it can't be helped. At first I tried to reattaching stuff but it didn't help. And also I tried everything in that menu "Avatar Health" - it did actually nothing. But it helps when avatar gets stuck in some animations! And than I cleared cache, reinstalled FireStorm, but it came back :( So I thought it could be something bad (I hear about hackers in SL almost everyday!).

Thank you for the answer!

2 hours ago, janetosilio said:

I think it has something to do with the lod, it goes crazy every once in a while when you tp somewhere.

sometimes right clicking yourself and clicking edit will fix it. Sometimes, tp’ing a couple times will fix it, relogging always fixes it though.

Thank you for the answer! I never tried tping a couple times but maybe it is some solution to it :D

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1863 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.