Sign in to follow this  
Shania Adder

Missing Item

I'm having a weid issue regarding a tattoo layer, though i had it in the past for other parts. it seem missing from datrabase. Usually a relog would fix it, but not this tiome. S is there a trouble with the server or do any of you have an idea  that might work?

so far i tried clearling my cache as well with no results.

Edited by Shania Adder

It has been very bad with the asset server. I have logged in with no head, with two sets of clothes (another avatar) etc. Haven't notice any losses but they could definitely have happened.  Likely it is NOT you. Unfortunately there is likely no fix for this and yo may need to upload the file again (been there a few dozen times *wink*.

I figured out out what happened i think. I modded my tattoo layer and i think it saved wrongly, meaning it  got lost. I ended using a duplicate and reapplied it to my 300 + looks.

I'm seeing other problems, but any texture changes over the weekend seem to be getting forgotten. So an alpha layer for a particular outfit will have the changed texture showing as grey in the editor, giving no effect, but the original texture is in my inventory, and a drag-and-drop restores it instantly.

Detach and re-wear seems to work normally, but after a login, or a teleport to a busy sim, the connection to the texture is often lost.

Use the JIRA, they'll say. What's the point? They're all on holiday. But at least I know this is happening to other people, so it's not my connection.

3 hours ago, arabellajones said:

So an alpha layer for a particular outfit will have the changed texture showing as grey in the editor, giving no effect, but the original texture is in my inventory, and a drag-and-drop restores it instantly.

Could be network issues to the CDN. Refreshing the texture with a drag-drop would force it's reload. If you were to wait-and-wait-and-wait it should appear eventually (maybe 10 minutes of not moving at all)

I'd likely suggest jumping up to 6000M (type 'gth 6000' without the ' if you are on firestorm) and hovering there for a minute to see if it loads. That stops all of the other failures delaying your texture longer.

Those network errors normally clear up for me after a week or so.