Valiant Westland

Graphics Support under Windows Hyper-V

Question

I would like to run a SL Viewer (SL or Firestorm (preferred)) on a Windows Hyper-V Guest Virtual Machine.  The Host & Guest are running Windows 10 Pro X64.  The Host has a dedicated nvidia 1080 graphics card and the Guest VM has been configured to support VideoFX, which includes support for the latest OpenGL.   Has anyone gotten a similar configuration to work?

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Valiant Westland said:

I would like to run a SL Viewer (SL or Firestorm (preferred)) on a Windows Hyper-V Guest Virtual Machine.  The Host & Guest are running Windows 10 Pro X64.  The Host has a dedicated nvidia 1080 graphics card and the Guest VM has been configured to support VideoFX, which includes support for the latest OpenGL.   Has anyone gotten a similar configuration to work?

I has been some time since I wanted to run viewers in a virtual environment. I think in the Windows Vista era. Once I had the basic Windows running the viewer wasn't a problem.

I forget which virtual system I used. I don't know of Windows Hyper-V Guest...