Question

I've been working on a second version of an item I have listed on my Marketplace right now, managing to solve a problem with the prim count on a mesh item.  Now, I know you can upload a newer version of an item already active on the Marketplace seamlessly without doing much.  I have a question and tried to find out by using the search function here on the forums, but I guess my terminology wasn't good as it wasn't pulling up any results. I know there have been users who have already bought the item, and I would like to keep to my word that they would get any updated versions of items at no additional cost.  So, my question is this: if I upload a second version of an item (following the activation of the Version 2.0 folder) and then I click on "redeliver" for the user, will the newer version be sent to them or will it be the first version again?

2 answers to this question

Provided you upload the new item correct, the second newer item is delivered to your customers. And yes it is really confusing, no date of creation/upload is shown in MP upload  window along side the items name. Would not been rocket science to have been made by the developers ....

A good idea is having an alt, which you use to test things like above. In this way you can verify and be assured your items on sale works as they should.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Provided you upload the new item correct, the second newer item is delivered to your customers. And yes it is really confusing, no date of creation/upload is shown in MP upload  window along side the items name. Would not been rocket science to have been made by the developers ....

A good idea is having an alt, which you use to test things like above. In this way you can verify and be assured your items on sale works as they should.

Thank you. :)