SL Character & FB

BlixaKarita

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't have a FB for my avatar, but members of my SL family did. It supposedly gave them the opportunity to keep in touch when they weren't inworld. I guess they posted photos and things on it..I never really took much notice to it. 

On 25 December 2017 at 9:39 PM, BlixaKarita said:

Does your SL character have their own FB ? Why or why not?

1. I don't have an "SL Character", I just have an avatar that *I* log in with, it's not some 2 dimensional "Elite Para Roleplayer" crap, it's just ME, albeit a younger better looking digital me, who sometimes has unreal additions like horns or wings because "what the hell it looks good".

2. I don't use Arsebook, never have, never will, I'm not one of those type-with-your-thumbs IDumb-Fone using console peasants who feel their lives are incomplete if they haven't spammed the 'like' button on several thousand total strangers.

3. As far as I'm aware, Arsebook's official policy is that you are not allowed to make Arsebook accounts for 'fictional people".

• Haha 1

No,I don't even have one for myself..Just never cared for those places much.. I don't have the twitters or any of those others either..

Heck I just got my first touch phone this past summer and pretty much,it's just for phone calls..Well phone calls and netflix watching Andy Griffith show, when I'm on break at work..hehehehe

That's about as social networking as I get..Andy Griffith show..:D

On 25/12/2017 at 9:39 PM, BlixaKarita said:

Does your SL character have their own FB ? Why or why not?

My recollection is that FB rules only allow real names, which was the reason why SL's Display Names were brought in - so that people could use their real names as display names, which would equate with their FB accounts. That's my recollection, anyway. If that's correct, then your SL character can only have its own FB account if your character uses your real name.

@Ceka Cianci I'm with you. I also don't have any social medai accounts. They just don't interest me. I do have a mobile (cell) phone though, but it's only for emergencies (breakdowns when driving). I don't send or receive texts, or do anything else with it that people use them for. I don't even take pictures with it. I have a small tablet for that.

Edited by Phil Deakins

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is correct, though they don't really enforce those rules.  I know quite a few people that have a FB account under their SL name or other game name.

They don't enforce it broadly. Meaning, you could have an account under a false name for years and nothing happens, but someone else might have to change theirs after the first two weeks. Nobody knows exactly how it happens or why it doesn't happen to everyone (of course aside from people reporting you). There is probably an algorythem of some sort at play and there are many tips on the internet, that guide you in a direction on how to minimize the risk of getting hit by it.

Usually the more you appear to be "real", the better. This includes a name, that could be a real life name, a filled out profile, friends...generally lots of data that makes it look like you are connected to the physical world.

I made a FB account four or five years ago and then never went there after a brief time. AT THAT TIME it was after a bunch of SL folks got their SL FB accounts canceled because they were not people and they had signed up as such. AT THAT TIME it was completely legit to sign up for a FB account "as a fictional character" which I did. I have no idea if that is still the rule. 

I don't do social media - just forums LOL, but oddly enough my (Chic's) FB page was second in the search list when I did a "Chic Aeon" search for a blogger challenge awhile back. I don't go there. I don't post there.  All very odd!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.