I'm endlessly frustraited with my shape.

MaggiJin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would think the OP's issue is down to the type of clothes/lingerie and mainly size apologies for the dress alphas still showing, On me boob size 80 gravity 30 from the side they do look a bit angular in the included Maitreya bra not enough to bother me. When maxed out to 100 they were more angular looking. As i see it for a larger bust the nipple placement is higher and perkier (even with more gravity), than what it naturally should be in RL really they should be a bit lower down and point more downwards then they wouldn't have the "weirdness" the OP isn't happy with

body2trio.thumb.png.1cbf5c6650b5b7adcfcf1e17696fabaf.png

Edited by Claireschen Hesten

Just to show that a mesh body can be made looking very nice. In this example I'm wearing Maitreya body and Vista Lia head. I have adjusted the body and head so that they look as realistic as possible with good body proportions. To my eyes that looks like a real life young person with firm excellent body - a body to lust for. :ph34r::x And by the way, nobody has ever said that I look too young because "your boobs are too small for this venue". :P And I certainly would not care a bit if somebody ever said that in future.

I think the problem which many people might have in adjusting their shape is that they really haven't looked carefully how real people look like. So they go way overboard in adjusting the shape trying to resemble something they dream of, and then the result will look really bad; boobs like torpedoes ready to launch, very wide hips, huge bum, bee like waist, too short arms, tiny hands, etc, etc. There are limits how much a shape can be adjusted to not to make it bad looking.

2017-12-28_Maitreya_Vista Lia.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/27/2017 at 4:11 PM, Yasojith said:

I think most real life females using female avatars by expecting the attention from men. The problem is most female shapes designed by women and women have no idea what kind of female shape attracted for men. Also its different in each mens view but most guys told me most of the female avatars are not their type. Here is one of the best avatar shape I ever see in SL and I couldn't resist to kiss her :D

/me tries to decide whether we're being trolled or Donald Trump has discovered SL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Just to show that a mesh body can be made looking very nice. In this example I'm wearing Maitreya body and Vista Lia head. I have adjusted the body and head so that they look as realistic as possible with good body proportions. To my eyes that looks like a real life young person with firm excellent body - a body to lust for. :ph34r::x And by the way, nobody has ever said that I look too young because "your boobs are too small for this venue". :P And I certainly would not care a bit if somebody ever said that in future.

I think the problem which many people might have in adjusting their shape is that they really haven't looked carefully how real people look like. So they go way overboard in adjusting the shape trying to resemble something they dream of, and then the result will look really bad; boobs like torpedoes ready to launch, very wide hips, huge bum, bee like waist, too short arms, tiny hands, etc, etc. There are limits how much a shape can be adjusted to not to make it bad looking.

2017-12-28_Maitreya_Vista Lia.jpg

Your shape looks good and perfectly portioned. Now how would a woman who is more curvy take that same shape and adjust it to fit their body type? Because as with all things - body type and shapes vary.

As with my RL self - I'm more on the curvy, athletic, pear-shaped side, which means my waist is smaller and my hip width is naturally wider than my shoulder width, so my avie reflects that. But say you have a woman who is plus sized in RL who may be a pear-shape, hourglass, or apple shape - trying to adjust for their body type may prove more difficult, but not impossible. I think this is where many run into difficulty with trying to make their virtual shape match their RL shape, and things go rather askew from there.

Below are examples of smaller and larger pear shapes. As you can see, they do not fit the average straight up and down body type or rectangular, as shown in your picture. I think many of the larger girls want their avies to match the body type in the second pic, but as janetosilio stated, mesh bodies do have their limitations and they often reflect that.

pear.jpg

pear-woman_edited-2.png

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Not only all of that, but like I said way back on the first couple pages. These bodies have limits and certain looks just aren’t possible with them. If you turn up the sliders on a Maitreya you’re going to be shaped like a brick, nobody can fix that.

Not to mention SL's limited graphics when compared to what's out there currently on the gaming (3D animation) market, and how many of the avatars in those games can indeed look extremely realistic in appearance and bodily proportions.

I think one of the problem in adjusting shape is that people make their avatars too tall. Then to compensate for the tallness everything else has to be made bigger too and then the problems in trying to make well proportioned avatar start sooner than if the avatar was smaller. Female avatar standing on flat feet shouldn't be taller than somewhere around 1.80 meters. Taller than that, then for example it's impossible to make the arms long enough to be realistic compared to the body height.

Is 1.80 meters too short in general? Well, most often female avatars wear high heels which add about 10 cm to height. Not enough yet? Wear platform high heels which add about 5 cm more. So now the avatar is 1.95 meters tall. Should be enough for any woman - unless your partner happens to be a 2.50 meters tall giant. :/

On 25/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, MaggiJin said:

(...) Curently they look fine from the front, but weird from the side. if i adjust the cleavage and gravity sliders a bit, they look weird from the side AND weird from the front. i just can't win!!

Is this just a thing with the maitreya body? with all mesh bodies? I'm just tired of endlessly changing my shape and still being unhappy with it.

(...)

Snapshot_044.png

I don't see where's the weirdness here? Is it the shape of the breast itself?

If so, you might want to try Tonic or the Slink bodies, they've a different breast shape.

On 25/12/2017 at 10:54 PM, MaggiJin said:

I've tried belleza, overall the shape is nice but similar its the breasts i don't like. they're very... pointy? I've also tried both slink bodies and physique has other weirdness goign on around the hips, hourglass i couldn't get it into a shape i liked anything about.

If you're looking for the perfect meshbody, it doesn't exist. While very aware of the pointiness of the breasts, I still do love my Belleza Venus nonetheless.

I don't think I can help for your shape, I go with something very different :

Maya_hourglass002.thumb.png.e3514b4a3889efd91015f9894219a4c2.png

1 hour ago, Coby Foden said:

I think one of the problem in adjusting shape is that people make their avatars too tall. Then to compensate for the tallness everything else has to be made bigger too and then the problems in trying to make well proportioned avatar start sooner than if the avatar was smaller. Female avatar standing on flat feet shouldn't be taller than somewhere around 1.80 meters. Taller than that, then for example it's impossible to make the arms long enough to be realistic compared to the body height.

Is 1.80 meters too short in general? Well, most often female avatars wear high heels which add about 10 cm to height. Not enough yet? Wear platform high heels which add about 5 cm more. So now the avatar is 1.95 meters tall. Should be enough for any woman - unless your partner happens to be a 2.50 meters tall giant. :/

This is true.

Most shapes in SL do tend to run extremely tall. My own shape is 2.03 meters and I'm still considered "average height" or even "short" when compared to most shapes around me and I'm def not taller than the majority of guys in SL, nor am I as tall as them, but I have noticed females avies who are either matched in height or taller than most guys around them. 

I don't expect everyone in SL to be the same height though, because that's not reflective of RL height differences, but I do appreciate not getting hit in the face with someone's virtual rear when tping into a sim.

I thought I'd post a picture of my shape for comparison (and gratuitous pic dropping). And a RL picture of the body type that it's based on, which is close to my RL body. Pardon the demos, I'm in the middle of trying stuff on. I don't like to go outrageous with the sliders, but I do like my shape to look curvy and proportionate.

pear-shaped-women-pear-body.jpg

krisshape2_001.jpg

Edited by Kristen Beornssen
  • Like 1

I just want to remind everyone that different women have a different ideal body image. That’s why I say the most important person to make happy in this is yourself. There is no ideal in a place that has people from all around the world on it. That’s not even counting furries, weebos or whatever else has its own style and body type.

too carebear?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

I just want to remind everyone that different women have a different ideal body image. That’s why I say the most important person to make happy in this is yourself. There is no ideal in a place that has people from all around the world on it. That’s not even counting furries, weebos or whatever else has its own style and body type.

too carebear?

Exactly.

There is no "ideal" body type, because we are all different shapes and sizes, in RL and SL. The OP appears to be a pear-shape, and by nature, when compared to other body types, we ARE disproportionate. Which is the reason I'm posting pictures to remind people that there is no set "type". Not everyone wants to be shaped like a prepubescent boy, and not everyone wants wide hips and a big 'ol butt - most people fall somewhere in the middle; to each their own. As my mom used to say - If you like it, I love it.

Honestly to me, it looks like she tried to make a Freya shape and put it on a Maitreya. You just can’t do it. Just stick with a Freya if you want that shape. I’m pretty sure that was the idea when Tricky made the Freya....a pear shape.

Funny thing is you can do a Maitreya shape on a Freya.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janetosilio said:

Honestly to me, it looks like she tried to make a Freya shape and put it on a Maitreya. You just can’t do it. Just stick with a Freya if you want that shape. I’m pretty sure that was the idea when Tricky made the Freya....a pear shape.

Funny thing is you can do a Maitreya shape on a Freya.

I think you can do a Maitreya shape on most of the bodies. I can get close on my hourglass if I set most of the body sliders near zero. It's basically just a straight shape that you can make curvier to some degree, but most tend to wear their Maitreya shapes on the slender athletic side or the thinner side of curvy and that isn't representative of every body type.

I have a Maitreya shape, but I rarely wear it these days. I wasn't very fond of the Freya shape, because when they first hit the market, it had cankles. LOL  It seemed no matter what I did, the cankles would not go away. I'm sure Tricky has updated his bodies of few times since then, so I may have to revisit the Freya body in the near future.

All the most popular meshbodies allow a great variety of shapes. I've seen very curvy shapes with Maitreya and very slender bodies with Slink Hourglass. Sometimes I'm playing with the sliders on Isis and Freya and it's possible to have very different figures with them. There are also Eve slim and curvy that offers different curves. Tonic Curvy is strange mix with a big chest but a slim butt.

And then there's the clothing variety. I believe this factor shouldn't be neglected to choose a meshbody.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.