I'm endlessly frustraited with my shape.

MaggiJin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was explaining why Clover talked about "getting really real" by having sliders that go left and right, so that - when a woman is lying on her side - her boobs could sag sideways (toward the floor).

Us guys have that option already with some of our genitalia. The more popular brands can be adjusted sideways for realistic 'across the upper thigh' looks when Doing a Burt-Reynolds-in-Cosmo-type pose ;)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

You're fortunate. Size, weight changes and gravity haven't been so kind to some of us :(

That's no joke. :(

When I undo my strap, the bra turns upside down and hangs there trapped under the boobage until I lift them up and drag the bra out.
When Clover unfastens hers, the bra slides down a little hangs off of her perfect breasts. 

Mine drop like hanged men and hers never move.

IT'S NOT FAIR!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

That would be cool too. What I was referring to was the actual boobs themselves. Left boob size and gravity. Right boob size and gravity.

I could say so many things about that other post but um, nope.

Why would you want breasts that were differently shaped from each other or hang differently?

Perhaps there should be separate sliders for left and right side features of the face too.

*shrugs*

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Why would you want breasts that were differently shaped from each other or hang differently?

Perhaps there should be separate sliders for left and right side features of the face too.

*shrugs*

Clover was just commenting that "If we want to get really real" - based on another post talking about how boobs really look and behave in RL.

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

*shrugs*

Unless the breasts are surgically changed(and even in many, perhaps most, of those cases too) a woman's breasts are never actually the same size or shape (even though the differences in them may be difficult to tell just by eyeballing them). The same can be said of most things we which humans have multiple of too..testicles, ears, eyes(yes, even eyes aren't matched), etc..Human bodies are weird lil beasts of their own nature ;) 

Edited by Tari Landar

3 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Unless the breasts are surgically changed(and even in many, perhaps most, of those cases too) a woman's breasts are never actually the same size or shape (even though the differences in them may be difficult to tell just by eyeballing them). The same can be said of most things we which humans have multiple of too..testicles, ears, eyes(yes, even eyes aren't matched), etc..Human bodies are weird lil beasts of their own nature ;) 

of course, but there are reasonable limits to how accurately we can recreate a human body in avatar form.

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

of course, but there are reasonable limits to how accurately we can recreate a human body in avatar form.

Which is why someone mentioned the inability to actually "be real"-I'm paraphrasing there.

If we had more, or rather, different, sliders, we could match the asymmetrical nature of the human body(all human bodies are, after all)..but that would make creating an avatar even more confusing(albeit interesting too), and opens up a whole 'nother can of worms I don't think most people care to fiddle with.

1 minute ago, Tari Landar said:

Which is why someone mentioned the inability to actually "be real"-I'm paraphrasing there.

If we had more, or rather, different, sliders, we could match the asymmetrical nature of the human body(all human bodies are, after all)..but that would make creating an avatar even more confusing(albeit interesting too), and opens up a whole 'nother can of worms I don't think most people care to fiddle with.

But if our goal is to create some standard of perfection, our "ideal" self, why would anyone care to introduce imperfections?

But to be honest some peoples dream avatar is another persons nightmare.

As in while standing in a busy club with a gf saying in IM...OMFG look at the butt on her.

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

*shrugs*

To better replicate how un-symmetrical they are in RL perhaps there could be a setting built in the body where by when you're clothed or in lingerie they come up to your chin as soon as you let them roam free they flop down to your belly :P or maybe just accept what we get in SL isn't always going to be perfect as we want

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

*shrugs*

I have one breast that is larger and heavier than the other.  I also have a neurological disease of the face that, particularly if I brush it with a fingertip, raises up my mouth, nose, eye, and eyebrow a little on the right side, as well as a very consternated appearing, deeply grooved forehead;  thus, I think yours are both excellent ideas!  It freaking hurts like hades, but huzzah for realism!  However... I don't want to be that realistic in SL.  If I don't have to be gimpy, I'm not going to be gimpy.  xD

On 12/29/2017 at 11:47 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

There already is.

In particular, the 'Face Shear' slider - along with 'Eye Pop', 'Shift Mouth' and 'Crooked Nose' sliders - allows for the creation of a more asymmetrical face.

Overused they will look a bit crazy, but small and careful use of all of those sliders can create a much more subtlety natural and unique looking face.

Unfortunately 'Eye Pop' isn't supported in the Bento specification, so you can't use it to make those slightly different sized eyes Tari mentioned on mesh heads, although some face animation huds may allow for a partly closed eye-lid and you can always resize an individual unrigged mesh eyeball.

Edited by wesleytron

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.