I'm endlessly frustraited with my shape.

MaggiJin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe, until he has to deal with my attitude towards that thinking

It's a clear reflection of the sexist attitudes towards women, that persist in SL - that men supposedly know what's best for us and how we should look. As if we are unable to make that discernment and choice for ourselves. *smh*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:
1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh, he is absolutely right.  Skell cannot make an avatar women find attractive.

blrg.gif

I’d like to see a pic of him. I’ll tell him if it’s ideal or not.

Of me? Sure. These were all taken in the last few months. The decision of 'ideal or not' is the beauty of having a choice that's not dictated by other peoples' standards:

skell01a.thumb.jpg.9c0ab5d3b34b3289adda2ebdd438c930.jpg

These were also taken in the last few months, because I am secure enough in myself not to be threatened by non-hyper-masculine behaviour and image, and I am happy to embrace my more androgynous side ;)

skell02.thumb.jpg.d23e31194f7a4dfe2d018f720ec10553.jpg

• Like 12

Just now, Skell Dagger said:

Of me? Sure. These were all taken in the last few months. The decision of 'ideal or not' is the beauty of having a choice that's not dictated by other peoples' standards:

skell01a.thumb.jpg.9c0ab5d3b34b3289adda2ebdd438c930.jpg

These were also taken in the last few months, because I am secure enough in myself not to be threatened by non-hyper-masculine behaviour and image, and I am happy to embrace my more androgynous side ;)

skell02.thumb.jpg.d23e31194f7a4dfe2d018f720ec10553.jpg

I meant the other guy. You always have a nice avi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yasojith said:

I think most real life females using female avatars by expecting the attention from men. The problem is most female shapes designed by women and women have no idea what kind of female shape attracted for men

I think you're selling a whole hell of a lot of women short...and also making them sound like idiots.

I'm fairly certain that most females choose a shape which *they like. Perhaps they do hope that someone else (NOT necessarily a man) also thinks, or will think, it looks good. Whether or not I, you, or anyone else thinks their style is nice, good, pretty, whatever have you...most folks choose things, including avatar components that THEY think look good(and that applies to more than just females). I'm also fairly certain that many people believe they know what things others(again not just men) are attracted to, based on what they, individually, are attracted to. Whether or not they are right can be debated all day long, but it doesn't mean we'll ever get anywhere with it. Things you, I, or anyone else, are attracted to, are likely things others are not attracted to...and that's perfectly okay. That is one of the beauties in life...we all have different ideas of what we think looks good. Others don't get to decide that for us.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Yasojith said:

5a43e0ce2e2b7_kris12_25.2017_007.jpg.b90

Kristen Beornssen, well thats the shape me and my most friends like. 

When I see this, the very first thing I see are her eyes.  Then out slightly to see the brows and her nose and again back to her eyes.  Then wider to see the lips and her whole face and how they draw the focus back to her eyes.  Next is the flow of her hair down to the gentle curve of the lower breast.  My eyes follow that curve and I notice how the flower on the wall looks like wings.  All of this leads my eyes to complete the circle back to her eyes.

It is her open and inquisitive look that I find the most beautiful.
The body is nice and her clothes are comfortable and stylish but those are not the selling points to me.

What do you see, Yasojith?  What makes you feel she could be long term?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

When I see this, the very first thing I see are her eyes.  Then out slightly to see the brows and her nose and again back to her eyes.  Then wider to see the lips and her whole face and how they draw the focus back to her eyes.  Next is the flow of her hair down to the gentle curve of the lower breast.  My eyes follow that curve and I notice how the flower on the wall looks like wings.  All of this leads my eyes to complete the circle back to her eyes.

It is her open and inquisitive look that I find the most beautiful.
The body is nice and her clothes are comfortable and stylish but those are not the selling points to me.

What do you see, Yasojith?  What makes you feel she could be long term?

Wow, Thanks Rhonda! That was so eloquent and beautifully written.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

I happen to think this looks fabulous...at least, for today anyway..

hamster.png.011ebe1c45c143ebc38cc9ec32208509.png

I also might be slightly biased, because I really love hamsters....and I also really love myself ;) 

Isn´t that what it should be about, well the loving yourself part?!? Being happy the way you are, content with yourself, even with your little flaws. What use is the most beautiful shell if you feel rotten inside? In my opinion your attitude towards yourself and others does play a great part in how attractive you are in the long run.

Happy post Christmas everyone...

Snapshot_092.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kristen Beornssen said:

It's a clear reflection of the sexist attitudes towards women, that persist in SL - that men supposedly know what's best for us and how we should look. As if we are unable to make that discernment and choice for ourselves. *smh*

You know...this is the third time I heard a guy say women don’t know how to make a shape since I’ve been on SL. Every time it’s like someone slapped me.

I guess they never heard of Siddean Munro? Probably wearing her hands and feet right now...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

You know...this is the third time I heard a guy say women don’t know how to make a shape since I’ve been on SL. Every time it’s like someone slapped me.

I guess they never heard of Siddean Munro? Probably wearing her hands and feet right now...

LOL, apparently not! She is only one of the many female mesh body /shape designers in SL. In fact, the vast majority of shapes (besides the ones that we make ourselves) and bodies for women are created by guess what? Other women, including the very type that he seems so fond of praising.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaximusBond said:

Isn´t that what it should be about, well the loving yourself part?!? Being happy the way you are, content with yourself, even with your little flaws. What use is the most beautiful shell if you feel rotten inside? In my opinion your attitude towards yourself and others does play a great part in how attractive you are in the long run.

I was going to post something similar but you summed it up perfectly.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MaximusBond said:

Isn´t that what it should be about, well the loving yourself part?!? Being happy the way you are, content with yourself, even with your little flaws.

I love myself, I love all my little flaws...and I'm sometimes content with my big flaws too. But, when I'm not, it's only me I have to contend with. What others think of my flaws is irrelevant to me...99.99% of the time, and the other 0.01% of the time, I take their opinions into careful consideration, because they come from folks I actually care about (or at least, believe may have merit) :D

At any rate, I do still hope the OP finds something that will work for her, whether or not any of the advice has been well received.

I also hope those that have the opinion that females have no friggen idea what they're doing, are only here to please men visually-despite the belief that we apparently can't, but should, but are, but can't(yeah that whole 'round confused me too), or, any other negative opinion that falls under that same umbrella....somehow come to their senses. Maybe those folks need to be set on fire too, but not like, a nice fire..it needs to be a super hot and uncomfy fire, enough to singe those thoughts right out of their heads. 

The voices in my head agree with me too, so I MUST be right :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.