Name change

Jenny Kaos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There are only 500 people in the world with the last name of Plasker...which happens to be my maiden name. I found out about a week ago that LL used that name in game. While amused they would put such a rare name in...I want to have that name in game. I have proof of it being my maiden name. My query is this: Under these circumstance will LL help me with this? I looked all over support and found absolutely nothing about name changes, and the only phone number I've found is for billing support. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

4 answers to this question

They used to have the option of buying a last name(I don't think it's still around, but you'd have to search for it). But it was quite a hefty price(something like $500 USD or more, if I remember correctly), and it wasn't an option for *changing a name, but simply the option to buy one. They've never allowed name changes, that I know of. That said, if I am correct, I don't believe they still allow people to outright buy a last name (someone will correct me if I'm wrong), and for good reason. Proof of having a last name has nothing at all to do with it, you can't own a name, lol. 

Changing your resident name, which is what you want, would affect the asset server, everything you own, everything connected to your av, etc.. Though it's *possible*  to change an asset server and all of its connections in this manner, it's not as easy as some think, and it's annoying as all get out. It's not reasonable to expect that they'd bend over backwards to do all of this work, for, really, no reason, even if someone was willing to pay heavily for it. 

My rl last name is actually an sl last name too, it was kinda funny seeing it the first time, years ago(even before I made this av, and it was still an option when I made this av too). I wouldn't have used it as my last name here though, and obviously didn't. I'm not sure that's a super smart move to be honest, but then I also don't understand why anyone would want to use their actual name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.