I bought VIP and coins not showing up

frosticenova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

18 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, frosticenova said:

Not showing up in my account waited 10 hours

the important part of this is below which means you will get a stipend payment on a Tuesday and 1000L$  after 45 days as a premium member

Linden dollar rewards

As a premium member,  you get a sign-up bonus and a weekly stipend of Linden dollars.

Sign-up bonus

When you register for a premium account, you get a sign-up bonus of L$1,000, deposited directly into your Second Life account once your premium membership has been active for 45 consecutive days.

Weekly Linden dollar rewards (stipend)

As a premium member, you receive a weekly stipend of $L300, whether you log in or not. Stipends are paid every week by an automated process that runs on Tuesdays (PT).

Payments are based on information gathered from the database as of the preceding Monday. For example:

• If you create a premium account on Monday, April 14, you will receive your first stipend on Tuesday, April 15.
  • If you create a premium account on Tuesday, April 15, you will receive your first stipend on Tuesday, April 22.

It's difficult to know how to answer your question.  There are no "coins" in SL, but I assume you mean that you placed an order for L$. If so, I may guess that you made an offer with the limit option, which means that you have proposed a price that you are willing to pay for them. If nobody is willing to sell L$ at that price, it may be a very long time -- forever maybe -- before you get them. I suggest cancelling the order and placing a new one with the Market option until you understand the LindeX better.

BTW, there are also no VIP members in SL, and your status as a premium member has no effect on your ability to buy or sell L$.

Edited by Rolig Loon

4 minutes ago, frosticenova said:

I appreciate that I'll get it on Tuesday but I have work that day. It kinda is a downer. That I have to wait four days.

Luckily, you are only talking about a dollar's worth of L$, and it's Christmas time so there are other things to think about this weekend. ?

43 minutes ago, frosticenova said:

I paid 10 dollars worth of coins

Please read my post above. You probably did not "buy" anything. If you used thr Limit Buy option, you placed an offer to buy at a specific price. If your offer is too low, nobody will want to sell L$ to you. Cancel your offer and try again. I strongly suggest using the Market Buy option this time.

And there are STILL no "coins" in SL. We do not have coins.

Edited by Rolig Loon

I'm with Cindy in thinking that the OP attempted to purchase premium membership and is waiting for the first stipend payout. US$10 is approximately the cost of one month of that, though the OP should have taken the current promotion for three months for $11.25.

Since there's no payment information on file, I will guess that the offered method was rejected and the OP is somehow unaware of that.

Hopefully the OP will find a solution here...

...or at the support link Cindy provided.

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Right, because the payment method was rejected and the OP doesn't know it. The OP was trying to purchase Premium Membership, not L$.

when a payment or try to do that fails, you see a message... can't imagine he didn't notice..also buying in viewer wil give a error message.

Hi Frostic!  Let's get some terms straight here.

There IS no "VIP membership" for Second Life.  What we do have is a program called "Premium" membership.  The cost of this varies, depending on the length you sign up for.

• Monthly: $9.50 
  • Quarterly: $27.50
  • Annually: $72.00

To sign up for a Premium membership, you have to have a "payment method" on file...some way to pay the ongoing subscription charges.  Linden Lab accepts major credit cards, or a verified PayPal or Skrill account.  They do NOT accept debit cards, prepaid cards, or gift cards.  If you tried to register one of these sorts of cards, your payment method was not accepted, and you can't sign up for a Premium account.

We don't have "coins" in Second Life.  What we do have is "Linden Dollars", or $L.  You don't have to have a Premium membership to buy $L, but you DO need to have a valid payment method on file.  You can buy about $L250 for $1.00 USD...but the minimum purchase you should make, in my opinion, is at least $10.00 USD worth.  Click the "Buy $L" link on the left side of your Dashboard page on this website.  Use the Instant Buy (Market Rate) option to get your $L right away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.