Problem with GET FULL VERSION

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have a problem with GET FULL VERSION.  The problem is, there is no exact full version I am selling on some of my demos -- there are many versions.  

I don't know what to do?  I can't get rid of get full version.   I think they need to make it where you check a yes or no box for GET FULL VERSION.

Anyhow, what can I do?  I am confused, and it makes the items look confusing. 

when the option "get full version" is displayed against a demo item it means that it has been linked to a full product. the only way you can get rid of it is to have it not linked to any items at all, which kinda defeats the point of it being a demo. Just becasuse it is a demo does not mean it cannot have more then one full products linked to it. In my store for example. I will list one demo, that then is linked to 5 or 6 other product listings. all those full product listings will go back to that specific demo when the potential customer clicks on "get demo" on the listing page. 

If a range of product listings can be covered under one demo, in my opion it is better than having a dozen items and a dozen demos, one for every listing..

Yeah, HunniHope, I had limited demos (such as one or two colors) because I am selling at low cost.  It wasn't worth the time to NOT make the demos, as I cannot "beat the system".  The system is what it is.  I am going to make full demos then.  It will take me a while to get all those demos done but it seems the only option.  I only started with the linking 'get demo' a few days ago.  I have full demos on my higher priced items.  But, again, I cannot beat the system the way it is and have it work with limited demos.  It's too confusing.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.  

I refer to it as "Retail Version" - in my demo descriptions I also specify "This is a demo version and may not reflect all current features of the retail version".

I agree that "full version" is a misnomer at best and just plain sounds tacky.

OH, I misunderstood the OP. :) I thought you were meaning what to say in your descriptions. As for the little link that bounces back and forth between pages: I concur that "Get full version" isn't the best.

Edited by Qa Boa

• Moderators

Greetings All!

Demos are a great way to allow potential customers the opportunity to review part of your item before deciding to purchase the full product. 

The cross link for Full and Demo versions is limited to one item, as has been pointed out, but do not forget about, or neglect, the Related Items option!

Here is one possible suggestion for how to address the issue of linking using a shirt as the example:

- Create a "Fatpack" version with all colors.

- Create a demo version for testing fitting.

- Link the Demo & Fatpack listings using the Get Full Version / Get Demo option

- Create single color versions off all of the shirts

- Use the related items links to link up to 8 listings together.

With the above suggestion, the demo and fatpack are linked together, but both the Full Version Fatpack & the Demo Listings should use the Related Items options to link the other colors.  You should then include information in the listings that individual colors are available using the Related Items links at the bottom of the listing. 

If you are unable to link the single color listings back to the "Get demo" link (I have not tested this so I am not sure if this is possible on multiple listings, sorry), you should make sure that at least one of the Related Items link to the Demo on each of the single color listings. 

I would also suggest that the color for each item be included in the title of the single color listings. 

So the titles would look something like this:

"Awesome T-shirt: DEMO"

"Awesome T-shirt: Fatpack"

"Awesome T-shirt: Green"

"Awesome T-shirt: Purple"

When you link the items via the Related Items option, the title will show and having the colors clearly listed in the title should help the customer ensure that they are getting the exact color they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.