Textures not displaying properly

Stretch Bates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello All,

Sorry in advance if this question has already been answer, I'm not sure what this would be called.

Bascally, If i look up at the sky, In certain parts where there is cloud, The clouds have bits taken out of it in the shapes of like stars so to speak and also textures get messed up a little when I'm trying to build.  I'm guessing this is caused by my graphics card because I had just recently got a new Computer. Any help would be appreciated :)

4 answers to this question

Its caused by the graphics card drivers on your ATI graphics card.

Go to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and download the latest drivers, if they don`t fix it, try some of the olders drivers (you will also find those on that site).

Mine needs drivers from August 2010, so it varies for different people which drivers work best.

in addition to the other answers you may need to disable VBO in Prefs > Graphics > hardware options i know mine and other ATI cards don't get on with VBO if it doesn't crash the viewer you have bright colours jutting everywhere on the screen (you can't see any of SL) or your viewer crashes every time you try to upload textures

In addition to whta the others have said, a little advice for your next upgrade -- ATI does a terrible job of supporting all OpenGL software.  When I ditched ATI and moved to Nvidia, almost all of the problems I had been suffering with vanished.  So when you start planning the next graphics card to replace the current one, consider an Nvidia 460 or better.  I was stunned at how much better SL ran when I made the switch.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.