Skye Qi

Can a lost texture be recovered from a clothing article UUID?

I have lost many textures over the years, some stupidly and some by SL glitches.  I do have clothing pieces I created from before the textures themselves were lost.  Is there any way I can use the clothing article (UUID) to recover the original texture?  For example, if I no longer had the texture below, but I DID have the jacket I made from it in inventory, can I somehow resurrect the texture below?    Thank you, Skye Qi

Red stripes jacket 4-blue.png

Edited by Skye Qi
clarity

Well, if nothing else, you can use a script to display the texture on the face of a cube prim and then take a screen shot of it.  Since it is your own texture, you would not be violating anyone else's intellectual property rights by doing that.  I suggest removing it from your post here, though, for reasons that should be obvious. ¬¬

Edit:  Wait ... you are displaying the texture here, sooo... what's the question?  O.o

Edited by Rolig Loon

Yes, but it would require technical technicalities to do. If you have the UUID of the asset, it should be able to be downloaded from the sim and viewed in plain text.

You will need to use something like libopenmetaverse, PyOGP, or Pyverse and make a client/bot which can dump asset download information.

Alternatively, If you want, I can do this for you, just send me the clothes and I'll give you the UUIDs of the textures. I will delete them afterwards. However, not that I am saying I am doubting you, but I will verify that you did create it. (Saying this for my own safety, so LL will not whack me with a stick)

EDIT:

I just realised you might have said that you have the UUID to the textures themself, in which case, this will be a lot easier, shoot me an IM and I'll do the magics. I will still verify ownership via texture metadata though.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

Thank you both for answering.  Rolig- I Do have this texture... I wanted to use it as an example.  What I am missing are hundreds of other textures from previous work.(Way more than just one dress Chaser.)   I have a small shop chock full of dresses for classic avatars.  I am trying to make appliers so I don't get left behind in the mesh dust (yes, I am that far behind the learning curve).  Therefore, although I have the dresses, I can't make the appliers, correct?.

A couple of appliers allow the UUID of the item to be used but others want the original texture.  I also want to retrieve some of the original clothing textures so I can rework the colors etc in PSP and bring them back inworld.   I hope this is clearer?  Thank you again for responding!   Skye Qi

I have gone through the same exercise myself, so I do understand.  As long as you have either the UUID or the texture, I think you can use some version of the suggestion I posted above.  If all you have is a dress made with the texture, though, you are skunked.

5 hours ago, Skye Qi said:

A couple of appliers allow the UUID of the item to be used but others want the original texture.

Yes but the Omega applier uses UUIDs and that is the only one you need since you don't really want to waste time on brand specific appliers anyway. By now any body that isn't Omega compatible is too marginal a market to notice.

2 hours ago, Skye Qi said:

Thank you Chin Rey, I do use Omega but it appeared to me it did not work with Maitreya- true?

Skye

The Maitreya owner has to buy a 99L Omega relay.  Then they work quite well.

• Like 1