Release land?

LunaSteel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.. but i couldnt find any other place.. so yeah.

I've kinda changed my mind about being a premium member.. and i tried to change back to basic.. which then i got this ''Basic users may not own land. You must release your land before downgrading to the Basic Plan''.

not sure how i got a land, but oh well, I have no idea how to release it.. could anyone please help me? I dont really care if i lose anything.. i just want to stop getting my card charged :<

Make sure you are standing on the land and or right click on the proper land.

1. Choose World > About Land and click the General tab.
  2. Click Abandon Land. After confirming, the land is removed from your account
  3. Viewer 2.0 click on the info tab where the land name is at top of your screen. Then go to the side panel where you see the land info and then chose About land. You may have to scroll down a little with the side panel window
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there's no way to do this without going into second life. Seriously you can't downgrade your account unless you have the software installed? What if you're between computers or something and can't get in there... Linden Labs is allowed to charge you forever?

ShalomNattyDread wrote:

I can't believe there's no way to do this without going into second life. Seriously you can't downgrade your account unless you have the software installed? What if you're between computers or something and can't get in there... Linden Labs is allowed to charge you forever?

If you can`t access SL you would still be a Premium member and still have access to the Support system, there are at least 2 Tickets that would be relevant :

Land > Linden Home Issues

Land > Other Land Issues

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I found this answer. Will try it out.

• You may abandonyour Private Region to Linden Lab. There is no fee to do so. No refunds will be given, and you will have the use of your region until the end of the current billing cycle. You need to notify the Concierge staff of your intention by submitting a ticket.
    1. Go to the Support Portal and click New Ticket Submission.
    2. In the Ticket Type dropdown, select Land and Region Issues.
    3. In the Region Request dropdown, select Region Cancellation Request.
    4. Fill out the requested details, and at the bottom, click Finish to submit the ticket.

You can see billing dates and fees for all of your Private Regions at the Land Portal. If your Private Region fees are invoiced, you can see the date your billing cycle ends by logging into your Netsuite account.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Lana Madonna wrote:

Not working for me whichever way I access "about land" theres no abandon option thats clickable. Need this fixed so I can downgrade otherwise I'll just delete my account

If you're using Firestorm they changed their menu to be "World -> Parcel Details".  The dialog's the same and the button will be down on the bottom.

Sometimes this messes up when you try to click on the ground, it works better if you stand on your land and grab it off the menu.

This one's not clickable because I'm not the governor and didn't want to break anything on real land!!

abandon.png

Lana Madonna wrote:

Im not using Firestorm whatever that is, and thats the box Im getting but no option to click the Abandon Land button, its a Linden freebie, are we trapped into paying by not being able to get out of our premium membership??

So it's a Linden Home? That is kind of good, that means you aren't having some kind of problem with deeded land. On these parcels only the avatar who shows up as the owner can abandon it, even if it is set to a group. If the names match and it still won't unstick then you will have to do a support ticket.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.