my shape is a polygon!

NikkiKytten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there.
Well I'd beg a little bit patience please lol cause i am still novice about shapes and skins and mesh and that stuff.
So this is my question ¿Why does my shape always look like er... so polygonal?

notideal.png

I don't remember very well how I got it, but it's certainly a freebie or really cheap shape that I got somewhere else.
I know basic shapes just give you that, basic quiality, but trouble is that I did bought some new demo shapes from store, because I wanted to get a better shape, and I got confused when I realised that those new shapes (demos) had the same quite polygonal aspect.
So I was afraid to buy a new shape for nothing, because I thing those new shapes will have the same problem.
So is this a matter of skin? is it the shape? is it my viewer?
I am not looking so realistic high detailed shapes that take half salary away from you, just one that doesn't look so polygonal like my current basic shape.
I've been spying (lol) other girls around, and realised that some of them seem to have the same aspect. But others look so amazing damn! :b for example this one:

ideal.png

So what do you suggest me to do?

You are using the default linden body, wich is years and years old. do look like the second example, you need to invest in a mesh body. these are smoother and better made. Maitreya, belleza, and slink are the 3 big ones, but theres also ebody, tonic and altamora.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NikkiKytten said:

Why does my shape always look like er... so polygonal?

The short answer is because it is a polygon.  It is a triangle, or to be exact, lots of triangles.

However there are a limited number of triangles in the system body.  You are noticing the limitations of a 15 year old system mesh.  Take a close look at your face next.  Fixing those hard angles around the nose was once the height of SL shape and skin matching skill.  And then there are those wrists and ankles.  It's like they have bone spurs ready to erupt at any minute.  That's why every women in SL for the first 12 years had a large collection of bracelets and bangles.

The bad news is, that's the limit of the system body.  It can never get any smoother.

The good news is, you have other options than just the system body.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

If you are using the system body that's your problem even with a good skin and cleavage you are never going to get a smooth body the central bit decollete has long been my least favourite part of the system body. if you want a smooth body you need to go mesh i was recently able to afford to do it and while the system body has been perfectly serviceable i like how smooth and natural looking a mesh body is, if your tit's are your main concern they'll look much more akin to RL ***** than the unfortunate system implant look

25 minutes ago, NikkiKytten said:

Thanks for your answers. Thanks LittleMe Jewell for that web I think now I understand it... ish lol.

And finally, does it exist any substancial difference between maitreya, slink and etc? Or are they just alternatives for the same product?

Thanks all.

They have vastly different shapes, so demo every body you find untill you find with a shape that works for you.

There are several nice quality bodies to choose from.  Maitreya is by far the most popular and has the most clothes available.  Slink and Belizza are also popular and have a wid range of stores that make clothes for them.   If you pick your favorite body from any of these three makers you will find clothes and support. 

I happen to like Maitreya best for many reasons but don’t let me sway you. Well maybe a little because there are few if any single body exclusive stores that are NOT Maitreya only. However!  Demo all of them. Maybe look at Tonic too.  Pick you favorite and try some demo clothes on the demo body.  See how you feel about the body and the clothing ng availabe for it. 

[eta]

Umm ... while i hate to just dump on someone’s hard work .... don’t get TMP  

Edited by Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.