Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vanity Fair

The Fashion Release of Sansar Has Launched!

Recommended Posts

I notice your project stupid propaganda blog failed to mention that the new project stupid clothing tool, "Marvelous Designer" costs $50 a MONTH to use, and is intended for professional CGI artists in corporate employment...



 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'll just say that the rig LL gave us doesn't import into Blender without issues. I think I have a working rig now, but I haven't gotten anything to fit right yet. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. This is as close as I got . Gotta get some sleep, lol.

43a13b6fdb1fa0870283554d55d6d08b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, before I got to bed, I realized some very strange things about this release. LL states in the documentation that there is a triangle limit on imported clothing mesh, but this is ENTIRELY misleading. As far as I can tell, products brought in from MD are not constrained to this 8k limit. There is no way that is possible with the simulation physics done on that clothing. So, yes, I'm fricken annoyed that 1 way is given special preferences, and it produces meshes that are FAR too dense for any game environment. That said, the 8k limit is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS, when the body is actually more dense than that. So, unless you are making a tiny bra, your clothing item will be less dense of a mesh than your body, which is a$$ backwords. They, at least, have to give us a limit that comes within range of actually matching the topology of the body.

Edited by Medhue Simoni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Klytyna said:

I notice your project stupid propaganda blog failed to mention that the new project stupid clothing tool, "Marvelous Designer" costs $50 a MONTH to use, and is intended for professional CGI artists in corporate employment...

Too bad. Just purchased the 3 year subscription for the iPi Mocap Studio.
No money left for knitting wool and needles. :)

But, what i dont get is:
Is Marvelous Designer a proprietary tool i need to make clothes for sansar, or its just another tool, and i still could use blender?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

But, what i dont get is:
Is Marvelous Designer a proprietary tool i need to make clothes for sansar, or its just another tool, and i still could use blender?

7

You can still use Blender to create clothing. Marvelous Designer is just another tool you can use to create clothing, one with lots of great features. And of course, you have the ability to adjust any garment made using Marvelous Designer in the Lookbook section of the Sansar software client. You can't do that with clothing made in other programs.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Medhue Simoni said:

I think I have a working rig now, but I haven't gotten anything to fit right yet. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. This is as close as I got .

Maybe as @Vanity Fair said above, you need to "give it a tug"? :ph34r:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe as @Vanity Fair said above, you need to "give it a tug"? :ph34r:

But only then if you use the ridiculously expensive Marvelous Designer. :(:o What is Linden Lab thinking of, I wonder? :S
Killing general interest in Sansar even before it's out of alpha state? Hmm...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponsored proprietary software in a fledgling platform. How ridiculous.

Also, when is Sansar going to stop using hideous looking avatars? Can we tug the shirt over their head?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An hour ago I got an email mentioning, "For a limited time, Sansar users can get an exclusive, 60-day free trial of Marvelous Designer."

Maybe they noticed the negative feedback, heh.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

An hour ago I got an email mentioning, "For a limited time, Sansar users can get an exclusive, 60-day free trial of Marvelous Designer."

Maybe they noticed the negative feedback, heh.

The 60-day thing was mentioned when the release was first announced I believe (yes confirmed it was mentioned yesterday on announce). 60-days is tempting but the fact I'm still paying a minimum of $25/month (on annual plan) is still much for me. Have to agree it's a great program, though. I have enough subscriptions as it is and I'm just a hobbyist.

Edited by Kurshie Muromachi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

But only then if you use the ridiculously expensive Marvelous Designer. :(:o What is Linden Lab thinking of, I wonder? :S
Killing general interest in Sansar even before it's out of alpha state? Hmm...

Maybe "Marvelous Designer" is going to be so "Marvelous", it will end up being cheaper than buying "full cost" "professional" software with all of the required plug-ins and accessories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, Klytyna said:

I notice your project stupid propaganda blog failed to mention that the new project stupid clothing tool, "Marvelous Designer" costs $50 a MONTH to use, and is intended for professional CGI artists in corporate employment...

Odd that they did not reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 9:12 PM, Vanity Fair said:

Here's a demonstration of how you can "tug" on your Marvelous Designer-designed garment to adjust it on your avatar's body in the avatar preview window!

https://sansarnewsblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/18/sansar-store-spotlight-first-marvelous-designer-created-clothing/

Look Book 18 Dec 2017.png

I believe they are working towards something like this over the next two years in terms of options with user intuitive feature sets.

 

 

I'll say that Sansar likely has a four year future window development ahead .. until VR becomes price reduced in costs, while becoming more useful in day to day life encouraging its adaptation further.Does this mean ignore Sansar until then?..No ..Things will get better.. we are likely only seeing 5% of current features being developed currently, not even a percentage of that compared to the road map ahead.. I guarantee they are checking, double checking and triple bug testing things before each release...my only issue with Sansar from user view using of latest modern high end graphics is they have very poor optimization for hardware by Advanced Micro Devices(AMD).. this is sad considering even Intel is now using AMD Graphics in higherend chips with integrated graphics...Like others I will admit the current avatars are fugly but likely only temporary until a Beta 2.0 Avatar is relished

Marvelous Designer at $50 a month for software that can be used across multiple virtual worlds that one could make hundreds if not thousands of real dollars a month is a bargain! sell two semi exclusive fashion pieces on the SL marketplace you would have made enough for a lifetime license in less then a month...you get two months to try it out? ...that's more then enough even for the hobbyist to master the basic features in the easy to use user interface..If they still needed longer they can pay by the month until it pays for itself it's that simple really.

Linden Lab has to be innovative while preparing for the future..they cannot depend on Blocksworld forever to make up for Second Life's shortcomings & massive asset overhead.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Marvelous Designer at $50 a month for software that can be used across multiple virtual worlds that one could make hundreds if not thousands of real dollars a month is a bargain! sell two semi exclusive fashion pieces on the SL marketplace you would have made enough for a lifetime license in less then a month...you get two months to try it out? ...that's more then enough even for the hobbyist to master the basic features in the easy to use user interface..If they still needed longer they can pay by the month until it pays for itself it's that simple really.

As for my hobby, I don't make stuff to sell. I just use them for the fun of it. The subscriptions I do have are for personal leisure use and work related (which has nothing to do with making fashion stuff).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Note that both the male and female avatars have baked-on underwear. No nudity allowed in Sansar!

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kurshie Muromachi said:

As for my hobby, I don't make stuff to sell. I just use them for the fun of it. The subscriptions I do have are for personal leisure use and work related (which has nothing to do with making fashion stuff).

Well it is just a option that many would like to have... but as you already know Blender is free & easy to use... more so with Avastar if you ever do decide fashion is worthy of your attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, animats said:

"Note that both the male and female avatars have baked-on underwear. No nudity allowed in Sansar!

WAIT?..WHAT? =)> the default system avatar in second life is the same way!!...If the majority on this forum want to bash/belittle the sister platform it does not help.. it creates the opposite effect weaken linden labs strength providing resources to all its services & products.. Basically by not support Sansar then your not supporting Second Life!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 8:45 PM, Klytyna said:

I notice your project stupid propaganda blog failed to mention that the new project stupid clothing tool, "Marvelous Designer" costs $50 a MONTH to use, and is intended for professional CGI artists in corporate employment...



 

Your wrong! ...Marvelous Designer was created to allow even the most novice user to create detailed one of a kind fashion accessories..while on the other hand it has higher feature sets for more advanced users needing a reduced simple content pipeline.

Yes that was bad enough being rude to vanity fair but don't make it worse then it was by spreading false information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Like others I will admit the current avatars are fugly but likely only temporary until a Beta 2.0 Avatar is relished

Yep, fugly! Although, it is not likely we will ever get a Sansar Avatar 2.0. With the Fashion Release, there is no going back on the avatar, nor skeleton. What I heard tho, is that LL is considering giving us the ability to import SHAPE KEYS/BLEND SHAPES. This will likely work out great with the MD outfits, as the outfits can simply be simulated to fit the new shapes. LL will need to come up with a SHAPE KEY transfer system to apply the new SHAPE KEYS to the rigged mesh outfits. Blender, with the Sparkles add on, already does this with a 1 button click. So, this is definitely doable in Sansar. 

Edited by Medhue Simoni
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, animats said:

"Note that both the male and female avatars have baked-on underwear. No nudity allowed in Sansar!

gawd that is too funny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

 Basically by not support Sansar then your not supporting Second Life!

some people really need a talk with a professional... and not meaning a creator...

 

it's SL that keeps Sansar running... not Sansar SL....

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

some people really need a talk with a professional... and not meaning a creator...

 

it's SL that keeps Sansar running... not Sansar SL....

Or one could say Blocksworld is propping up Second Life.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

Or one could say Blocksworld is propping up Second Life.

Fascinating. A simple search on 'Blocksworld revenue' is as well. If I were a two person dev team I would be ecstatic. There again, it is a nice little earner in and of itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×