Photographers Needed - Love on Top Magazine

Arkaine Rieko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

★ - Love on Top Magazine - ★

Love on Top is a community based magazine that hopes to highlight all of the different aspects of love, sex and relationships within Second Life. Each issue will highlight a different vantage point, corresponding with the theme for the month. Additionally, you will find advice columns, interviews, Second Life destinations and vendors who advocate inclusivity. 

★ ---------- ★

Are you seeking a career in the field of virtual magazines? Then look no further than Love on Top Magazine!

Listed here are the positions we are currently hiring for;

★  - AD AGENT - ★

This is a sales position, so an ideal candidate with be comfortable meeting new people and pitching for the magazine. We are willing to train enthusiastic people. You will earn a base salary of 50L an hour with 15% commissions on all ads you sell. There is not set schedule, so you have the flexibility to enjoy your SL.

★  - JOURNALIST - ★

The journalist is the heart beat of the publication. As a staff writer, your primary function will be to develop stories for each magazine edition. You will work closely with a photographer to bring the stories to life. In addition to uncovering newsworthy media, you may be asked to write simple ads as presented.

L$100 - Per brief write-up.
L$400 - Per full page article.

★  - FREE LANCE JOURNALIST - ★

Do you have a great idea you'd like to write about? Is there a certain subject you would like to contribute to each month? Why not do just that?! Free lance writers provide the extra bit of substance to push our publication over the top.

L$400 - Per full page article.

★  - PHOTOGRAPHER - ★

If the journalist is the heart beat, certainly the photographer is the soul of the publication. Your images will bring life to our concepts and convey just the right message to the audience. You will need to have extensive photo manipulation experience with a working knowledge of the full Adobe Suite. In addition to taking amazing pictures, you may be asked to compose ads as needed.

L$250 - Per image used in the issue.

APPLY TODAY!

VISIT US ON THE WEB!
★ - FACEBOOK - ★
★ - WEBSITE - ★

LoT logo1W.png

I am curious why a photographer would need a working knowledge of the full Adobe suite. I am professional graphic designer and photographer in my day job; it's what I do. And though I am an expert with the said full Adobe suite, I hate it and have successfully eliminated every bit of Adobe, except for InDesign, from my workflow.

I'm not trying to dump on Adobe (even though it deserves it LOL) - I am genuinely curious why the knowledge is necessary when there are far better tools available. Does the photographer position require simultaneous editing (team-edit) on Adobe documents created by the editors or something? Because anything you can do in Photoshop I can do ten times faster and better with other software. :)

Just inquiring, thanks.

I am only posting the information given to me by the CEO of Love on Top Magazine. I don't believe Adobe Suite is an absolute requirement. If you have any questions or concerns, you can submit them to Kitty Vicious (sheka3193). Though, if you're interested in working for Love on Top Magazine, we'd be glad to have you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.