is there an applier for classic clothes to maitreya?

NanR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, NanR said:

is there an applier for classic clothes to maitreya?

No... 

I am assuming you have classic clothes you would like to apply to a mesh body. It is possible to convert system clothes into Applier clothes. One must have the texture UUID using in the classic/system clothes to add to an Appler, meaning building your own Applier using the UUID. That is problematic.

I have made classic clothes and turned those into Applier Clothing. Example. I could do that because the texture for the panties is one I created and I have access to the UUID.

A generic Applier can't get to the UUID's it needs. One might be able to script such an Applier. I haven't seen one or tried. The Omega and various body brand Appliers require the UUID to be placed in a notecard and added to the Applier. The UUID is sucked into the script and then the notecard is deleted. A security, anti-theft thing.

The various brand Appliers and Omega do not make the information about how to apply the textures to the various brands of bodies available. So, there is complication on both the 'from' and 'to' sides of the problem.

There is also the complication of ownership and IP protection. You or a generic script converting is, I think, in a gray area of the digital rights ownership.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Corrected typos that made it confusing

Nalates is quite correct. Sadly, this is one of the largest inertia barriers that many of us "old timers" face in making the decision to invest in a mesh body.  I have almost 11 years worth of clothing, much of which I am quite fond of.  Fortunately, I made a good share of it myself, so it would be possible to drop the UUIDs into a converter (or script one myself, if I were patient enough).  Unfortunately, some of the things that I wear most often were made by other people, so that's not an option.  As a result, when I finally make the plunge I will need to replace much of my wardrobe -- probably very slowly -- or keep switching back to my classic body whenever I want to wear one of my favorites. (This reminds me very much of what happened when LPs went out of style and I had to get digital copies of my favorite albums -- another painful experience. )  You've only been around for a fairly short time, so you won't have nearly the struggle that I do.

• Like 1

Just in case the answers that Nalates and I gave aren't clear enough, you can create an applier to let you wear classic (non-prim) clothes on your mesh body, assuming that it's one of the common mesh bodies.  For example, if you visit Maitreya's store to look for a mesh body, you'll find that they offer kits for creating your own appliers. I've used those myself to make appliers for each of the nighties and pyjamas I sell in my Marketplace store.  Like Nalates, I can do that because I created the original classic clothes myself, so I have the full-perm textures and can therefore get the UUIDs that the applier scripts need to read.  As I commented earlier, however, I cannot do that with the large number of clothing favorites that I did not make myself.  And, of course, that's not a solution for prim skirts, shoes, hats, and all the rest of the wardrobe.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.